Raiders trade C Rodney Hudson + 7th to Arizona for 3rd round pick

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

James played RT at UCLA.  Crazy idea but do you think Cable might be thinking about him at RT, Martin at center, and Good at RG.  Not saying it is going to happen or even a slightly decent idea but a possibility.  Or James could play RG and Good at RT.  

Everyone over is over thinking this, as of right now the starting line up is 

LT Kolton Miller
LG Richie Incognito
C Andre James
RG Nick Martin
RT Denzelle Good

15 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

LT Kolton Miller
LG Richie Incognito
C Andre James
RG Nick Martin
RT Denzelle Good

Miller-Incognito-James-Good-Parker

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I hope so but Good played OK at RT last year with almost no time practicing at RT. He should get better with a whole off-season of OTAs.

He could get better, but I think he has a lot better chance to be good at RG. Let him work there and make sure you sort out the RT spot next to him as good as possible.

Get a veteran stop gap if you have any doubt about Parker. You should have doubt!!

Get a top RT in the draft and see if he can start after a "normal" offseason.

Then you have a solid right side possibly for 2 years. You can draft Good's replacement in 2022 and rock a pretty young group by 2023

Miller-Simpson-James-22 draft pick-21draft pick

6 hours ago, Rolni said:

John Simpson was a LG for Clemson and played LG for us last year. I don't know why media and fans like to call him a RG. I think he will have enough trouble with our zone scheme and a side switch could really hurt him.

Reportedly we wanna be more zone heavy after the Trent, Gabe departures. Simpson was a good PBS LG prospect with mobility, footwork being his biggest weakness.

I think they will let him at LG behind Incognito and try to improve his footwork in the zbs heavy scheme. If/when Richie goes down, he could step in, ideally learn a full year and take over at 2022.

At RG we have Good and maybe Nick Martin can play there some. He played RG back in college after a snapping hand injury. But that is a longshot IMO. Ideally Good stay at RG and the rookie RT steps up.

I would like us to add a veteran RT before or after the draft with stop gap potential, because I would not want to move Good to RT and put a liability in at RG, because the rookie RT is not ready.

Miller - Inc (Simpson) - James/Martin - Good - 1st round rookie RT and I think we are going to be alright.  I know a lot of people want FS and even DE in the draft, but I think if we want to have a shot at keeping our top 10 scoring offense, it's going to be with a 1st round rookie RT.

7 hours ago, Rolni said:

John Simpson was a LG for Clemson and played LG for us last year. I don't know why media and fans like to call him a RG. I think he will have enough trouble with our zone scheme and a side switch could really hurt him.

Reportedly we wanna be more zone heavy after the Trent, Gabe departures. Simpson was a good PBS LG prospect with mobility, footwork being his biggest weakness.

I think they will let him at LG behind Incognito and try to improve his footwork in the zbs heavy scheme. If/when Richie goes down, he could step in, ideally learn a full year and take over at 2022.

At RG we have Good and maybe Nick Martin can play there some. He played RG back in college after a snapping hand injury. But that is a longshot IMO. Ideally Good stay at RG and the rookie RT steps up.

I would like us to add a veteran RT before or after the draft with stop gap potential, because I would not want to move Good to RT and put a liability in at RG, because the rookie RT is not ready.

Has Good ever played RG before.  I know about RT and LG.

On 4/3/2021 at 9:41 AM, Dessie said:

Incognito has played RG quite a bit in his career, more than Good has.

If Simpson shows up in camp we could have Simpson LG Richie RG and Good/Parker RT. 

He played RG back in 2009! I would leave him at LG for sure

On 3/31/2021 at 2:11 AM, Bitty 2.0 said:

LT Kolton Miller
LG Richie Incognito
C Andre James
RG Nick Martin
RT Denzelle Good

The starting OL will be: 

Miller - Incognito - James - Good - Rookie 1st/2nd round pick 

Richie played well in 2019 but he'll be 38 at the start of the season and is coming off of an Achilles injury. 

Personally if we're going OL in the 1st round I'd probably prefer Alijah Veta-Tucker and then drafting a developmental RT like Spencer Brown in the 3rd round. 

AVT played LT, LG, and RG at USC. Start him at RG and Good at RT, if Incognito gets hurt you can move AVT to LG, Good to RG, and Brown to RT. AVT may even be able to play RT as well so drafting him would honestly give us a ton of flexibility.