2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

7 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Question is who do the Pels trade him to at the deadline? That team isn't competing for a playoff spot in the West

Unless AD/Boogie go down thats never gonna happen. Demps job is riding on the Boogie/AD duo and I have a hard time seeing us not be in the playoff hunt if they're both healthy.

much more likely he trades future pick(s) for an upgrade on the wing/at PG

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's ridiculous how good Cousins is. Someone said not 15 in the league? L-O-L......

In that top 15 thread, ESPN didn't have Cousins, either did SI. And a couple of other posters as well. So basically more said NOT than did. Truth is Cousins is clearly a top 10 talent and maybe even top 5. BUT with Cousins it's more than just talent. He can put up big numbers, as he has so far, but I just don't trust him to be consistent or not to become a jerk at some point this year.  

I honestly just think the state of the NBA is sad right now when you have so many ridiculously talented players in what look like hopeless situations. AD, Cousins, Giannis, Wall, Harden... Are any of these guys going to sniff a ring in their current situation? Bucks are young and can certainly develop into a formidable team but are they really going to challenge Lebron any time soon? I guess if Giannis actually reaches that Lebron stratosphere then he alone can get them there, but that's just replacing one problem with another (as Giannis would basically replace Lebron as the man who decides the East). Wizards got a solid squad but it's not beating the Cavs, simple as that, and is probably only going to get worse unless Porter and Beal both reach another level which I doubt. Pelicans are just a mess, the talent around AD and Cousins is so underwhelming not to mention I just don't think this is a league anymore where you win with two big men as your max guys, plus you know, the Warriors. Same goes for Harden, sure Rockets fans will take offense, but CP3 is not enough to prevent them from getting smoked by the Warriors.

Maybe this is the norm though, and I just happened to start following in an era of parity (2006-2011)?

4 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

In that top 15 thread, ESPN didn't have Cousins, either did SI. And a couple of other posters as well. So basically more said NOT than did. Truth is Cousins is clearly a top 10 talent and maybe even top 5. BUT with Cousins it's more than just talent. He can put up big numbers, as he has so far, but I just don't trust him to be consistent or not to become a jerk at some point this year.  

Not consistent enough? What? He's plenty consistent enough. Is he a jerk? Sure, but the talent around him has been terrible throughout his career. At one point yesterday, the game was tied while he was a +15 from the floor. The Pelicans are starting Moore and Cunningham right now. How many other teams do they start for? Not having him top 15 is laughable. 

8 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Not sure I ever said he sucked. I probably said if he isn't good changing positions doesn't matter. And if he is good it also doesn't matter. And the 3/4 is almost the same position now anyways. 

You argued with me that he belonged at SF (where the Magic played him to begin last season), when I said he was clearly a bigger mismatch at PF. When it was obvious he was playing out of position at SF, you then said he just sucked instead of admitting I was right. And no, the positions aren’t the same. 

5 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Not consistent? That's stupidity and he's been EXTREMELY likable on the Pelicans. Kings were just a completely dysfunctional organization. Willing to bet the Pelicans fire Gentry/Demps this off-season, bring in a new GM and HC, hopefully dump Jrue and his contract and use picks/Diallo to acquire a 3rd lower tier star.

Archived