Titans release CB Adoree Jackson & RT Dennis Kelly

ttitansfan4life

Just now, SerenityNow said:

Jon better get to work, because this is getting crazy. None of his first round picks have made it to a second contract here yet. Oooof.

None of his firsts have even made it to their fifth year. And two of them were taken in the top 8.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

I can see the idea behind cutting Adoree even if I completely disagree with it..but whats the idea behind cutting Kelly? He wasn't even making that much and was playing above his pay...

I feel they could bring back Kelly, if he doesn't go to Houston with his brother. 
If they wanted.

Something is clearly coming. The defense was epic levels of suck last year. We are at least going to see basically a brand new defense. So many new players at new positions. If they can bring in some exciting new blood I can’t really be mad at it. This defense needed an overhaul and it looks to be getting it. Kelly isn’t some crazy cut that can’t be filled for cheaper in my eyes.

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

literally who can he even hang his hat on in terms of draft selections other than AJ brown. maybe jeff simmons. who else

Derrick Henry, Kevin Byard, Nate so far. Jayon Brown, Jonnu was pretty good as well 

Edited by MdTitansFan56

I'm confused but I'm not worried yet. I get it these guys were starters. But on defense, we can not possibly get any worse than last year so what's the harm in dumping big contracts and starting over? Its not like the expectation is high or we're dumping affordable players from a proven top 10 defense. We won with a horrible defense last year so we have nothing to lose right? 

Just now, MdTitansFan56 said:

Derrick Henry, Kevin Byard, Nate so far. Jayon Brown, building up a competent oline (ben jones, Saffold, davis). Jonnu was pretty good as well 

yea this was my bad, i thought for a second he took over in 2017 and not 2016 lol

the only thing i can really say is that robinson and vrabel were adamant that the problem on defense was a personnel one more so than a coaching one. and, well...their actions have certainly reflected that.

kelly is completely baffling though. was he even getting paid that much?