Bears sign QB Andy Dalton

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, FrantikRam said:

The Bears certainly have a type

Dude......They saw Deshaun, one of the more decorated QB's in college football, really made Clemson a destination and picked Mitch who couldnt even take the job from my boy Marquis at UNC. Yeah they for sure got a "type"......smh......didnt consider Cam, Tyrod, Winston, nothing.....straight to Dolton

FIRE PACE

Edited by MonserinNC
  • Like 3

The nitwits on NFLN are now worshiping Dalton

Trubisky 2018 and even Trubisky 2020 put up better stats than Dalton has in about 5 years.

Foles 2017-2018 was a far superior QB to anything Dalton has done since 2015

Dalton's 24-40-1 in his last 5 years is hot garbage. He's 33. He's not getting better.

• If you cry about how bad his teams were then you have to realize how bad the 2020 Bears were on offense.
  • You don't plug a complete loser choke artist into a struggling offense.

Foles would have another year in the system and Trubisky is only 27.

Trubisky is also mobile while Dalton is a stone.

I don't love Foles or Trubisky for the 2021 Bears team but I would pick a wishbone offense before Andy Dalton.

Edited by SkippyX

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

Trubisky 2018 and even Trubisky 2020 put up better stats than Dalton has in about 5 years.

Dalton's 24-40-1 in his last 5 years is hot garbage. He's 33. He's not getting better.

• If you cry about how bad his teams were then you have to realize how bad the 2020 Bears were on offense.

I don't love Foles or Trubisky for the 2021 Bears team but I would pick a wishbone offense before Andy Dalton.

It’s because he flashed a couple of games in Dallas.    And he won’t kill you many games.  He also won’t win many games on his own.   And there’s zero upside.   I’d have much rather spent a little more on Fitzmagic TBH.  But I get he likely signed with WFT before the Wilson talks fell through.   Double whammy.  

Playing in Chicago is very different than playing in big D.  Even with McCarthy as HC.  It’s not like Nagy is this big upgrade.  But yeah it’s not a good signing.   It might even be worse than bad in that his conservative style might allow the D to win 2-3 extra games than taking your lumps with a project.   Which helps more long-term (as long as everyone giving it their all) to be 4-13 and top 5 than to be 7-10 and stuck in mediocrity.   

Edited by Broncofan

8 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

In just the last four seasons:

Mike Glennon

Mitch Trubisky

Chase Daniel

Matt Barkley

Nick Foles

Andy Dalton

Honestly don't know how Bears fans deal with it. They haven't had a QB in eons. Cutler, Mike McMahon, and 1995 Erik Krammer are the best the franchise has seen at least since the merger. 

Mike McMahon this guy must have been something special, what did he do in the NFL. 

3 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Except the Bears don’t have an offensive system, they are allergic to playing to a players strength. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

It’s because he flashed a couple of games in Dallas.    And he won’t kill you many games.  He also won’t win many games on his own.   And there’s zero upside.   I’d have much rather spent a little more on Fitzmagic TBH.  But I get he likely signed with WFT before the Wilson talks fell through.   Double whammy.  

Playing in Chicago is very different than playing in big D.  Even with McCarthy as HC.  It’s not like Nagy is this big upgrade.  But yeah it’s not a good signing.   It might even be worse than bad in that his conservative style might allow the D to win 2-3 extra games than taking your lumps with a project.   Which helps more long-term (as long as everyone giving it their all) to be 4-13 and top 5 than to be 7-10 and stuck in mediocrity.   

He flashed with a minor league schedule of 10 loss teams.

Hurts Eagles(3rd start), Brandon Allen Bengals(6th start), Mullens 49ers(16th start) were 3 of his 4 wins.

He put up 3, 10, 16, 17, and 19 points in other starts. (DCx2, NYG, Baltimore, Arizona

I guess he earned 10 million by flashing 31 against the 7-9 Vikings and their 29/27 ranked D?

If you can't give a guy who outplayed Ben DiNuci 10 million bucks then Ryan Pace does not want to be an NFL GM!

Trubisky was better than Dalton in 2020 against bad teams with worse weapons and he did it in front of Nagy

Edited by SkippyX

2 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

He flashed with a minor league schedule of 10 loss teams.

Hurts Eagles(3rd start), Brandon Allen Bengals(6th start), Mullens 49ers(16th start) were 3 of his 4 wins.

He put up 3, 10, 16, 17, and 19 points in other starts. (DCx2, NYG, Baltimore, Arizona

I guess he earned 10 million by flashing 31 against the 7-9 Vikings and their 29/27 ranked D?

If you can't give a guy who outplayed Ben DiNuci 10 million bucks then Ryan Pace does not want to be an NFL GM!

To be clear - I don’t think he’s anything close to the answer.   I would have gone Fitzmagic easily if they had a stopgap as plan B.   I just think they’re convincing themselves now that he’s the last guy standing.   

FWIW those same arguments you raised are why I piled on Denver’s signing of Case Keenum.   It’s crazy the justifications you see ppl delude themselves with when they’re married to a decision.   Fanbase or FO. 

Nick Foles played in 6 playoff games.

• He walked off the field with the lead vs Drew Brees in the first one despite a horrific drop by Riley Cooper.
  • He outdueled Matt Ryan in cold and windy conditions. (still managed a 100+ rating)
  • He destroyed the Vikings D in the NFCCG.
  • He destroyed the Patriots (and it should have been worse but the ball bounced off of Alshon as he was being held for a pick)
  • He had a meh game in Chicago against a great D, but he led the team to a 4th down comeback TD
    • Trubisky also led his team on a comeback before double-doink
  • He had the Eagles up 14-0 in New Orleans and he had a bad underthrow of Ertz that could have iced the game.
    • He still had them in the red zone down by 6 with 2 minutes to play and Jeffrey literally handed the ball to the Saints.
  • He was excellent in 4 playoff games and he did enough to get the job done in 2 others. QB was never the problem.
  • Foles is #1 in completion percentage in the history of the NFL playoffs
  • Foles is #6 in passer rating in the history of the NFL playoffs at 98.8

Andy Dalton soiled himself 4 for 4 in playoff games with guys like AJ Green, Marvin Jones, and Sanu at WR

• His 4 playoff game ratings were 51.4, 44.7, 67.0, and 63.4
  • He has 1 TD and 6 picks in the playoffs.
  • His teams scored 10, 13, 10 and 10 in those playoff games.
  • Dalton is a 57.8 rated playoff passer. This is 41 points lower than Foles.

You don't have to worry about Dalton in the playoff though because he's such a bad regular season QB now that you won't get to the playoffs.

• 24-40-1 since 2015.

I get it, Dalton one time had a 106.1 rated season over 368 passes in 13 games.(13 starts)

Foles had a 119.2 rated season over 317 passes in 13 games.(10 starts, 1 long relief)

• Am I supposed to believe that 2013 was a long time ago but 2015 was not?

I get it, Foles is not the 16 start guy. He just does not do that.

Dalton can be relied on starting 16 with a winning record... oh, the last time he did that was 2014.

I'm not praising Foles here. I am comparing these players.

I am also saying that anyone who thinks Dalton > Foles or Dalton > Trubisky is a complete moron.

Edited by SkippyX