Bears sign Andy Dalton

beardown3231

7 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Yah know?  Chicago could have signed Tim Boyle.  He's not lost a game that he's ever played in while in the NFL.

And, all funnies aside, he's not too shabby.  Had a few strong camps in GB.  Totally worth a look.

I pounded the table, repeatedly, for them to sign SOME young guy last year. But, you know, you can't upset Mitch, hurt his widdle feelings...

7 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

I don't even understand why you would give Dalton $10MM when you have the same player in Foles. How much money do we have invested in the quarterback position in 2021? It's going to be a QB carousel of complete crap.

Unless something truly weird happens, Foles is as good as gone.

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Fix that line and I don't think he will be terrible. 

But honestly, if the line was fixed, I think Mitch is better.

Mitch isn't better, overall. Upside Mitch is more dynamic than Dalton has ever been. Haywire Mitch is an abomination on the football field. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I pounded the table, repeatedly, for them to sign SOME young guy last year. But, you know, you can't upset Mitch, hurt his widdle feelings...

Unless something truly weird happens, Foles is as good as gone.

Mitch isn't better, overall. Upside Mitch is more dynamic than Dalton has ever been. Haywire Mitch is an abomination on the football field. 

We've really only seen haywire Mitch lately. 

• Like 1

Just heard the news, Bears fans.  Sorry.  :(

I wish you would have gotten Minshew instead.  At least he is kind of fun to watch and he has a personality.

On the positive side, this is more than likely going to be the last season you will have to deal with Pace and Nagy. 

You guys deserve so much better than this. 

• Like 3

Regarding Foles.  When I look at his contract, there is more dead money than his cap hit.  If he is cut or traded, it will cost Chicago more than if he is on the roster.

Unless something crazy happens like an Osweiller deal.  And I can't see anyone doing that for Foles.

I thought Mitch should have been running some of that read option stuff.  He had the legs to run, he was on the last year of his deal and Montgomery was running well at the time.  Sprinkle in some of that play action stuff off of that look and there should have been some very easy throws to be made.

I guess I don't think that it is all Mitch's fault.  The offense didn't play to his strengths.  To be fair, there weren't many strengths there, but still the ones he had were not used too much.

• Like 1

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

I wish you would have gotten Minshew instead.  At least he is kind of fun to watch and he has a personality.

On the positive side, this is more than likely going to be the last season you will have to deal with Pace and Nagy. 

I truly wish they would have went straight to Minshew (or Darnold) and then waited to see if anybody else fell into their laps. 

I guess you can't blame a GM for holding out hope for Russell Wilson, though. 

I guess...

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

I hate it when Uncle Buck actually posts something reasonable, heart felt and thought out.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I feel for yah, Bears fans.  Foles and Dalton.  

I think Foles contract is such that if released, he actually costs more against the cap.  Dalton got guaranteed dollars.

Maybe there is still hope that a QB will fall, or Pace has a master plan to move up for one.

That's actually a very good point.  A guy like Dalton would be perfect to have around for a season if the Bears were going to move up and grab one of the rookie QB's.  Just have to hope that's the plan I guess.

21 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

I don't even understand why you would give Dalton $10MM when you have the same player in Foles. How much money do we have invested in the quarterback position in 2021? It's going to be a QB carousel of complete crap.

It's possible Nagy and Foles won't work together after the benching?  They felt they needed another ****ty QB to start a few before Mac Jones or Trask gets trotted out there?

This is such a bizarre panic move.  Who's going to trade for Foles anyway?  There's no other Ryan Pace out there to fleece. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

It's possible Nagy and Foles won't work together after the benching?  They felt they needed another ****ty QB to start a few before Mac Jones or Trask gets trotted out there?

This is such a bizarre panic move.  Who's going to trade for Foles anyway?  There's no other Ryan Pace out there to fleece. 

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Regarding Foles.  When I look at his contract, there is more dead money than his cap hit.  If he is cut or traded, it will cost Chicago more than if he is on the roster.

Pace and Nagy can't afford to have Foles come out and stink it up for another four game stretch. Nagy would be fired immediately.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I guess I don't think that it is all Mitch's fault.  The offense didn't play to his strengths.  To be fair, there weren't many strengths there, but still the ones he had were not used too much.

No...Nagy didn't handle Trubisky as well as he could have. But Haywire Mitch is an offense destroyer. Just look back at the pick that got him benched if you don't believe me. 

37 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Kinda funny you drafted a QB and RB (1 and 2) in a year you were a hair from SB title and one year later they are after thoughts.

You guys could have set records with a trade up for Jefferson last year to pair with Adams.  

But anyone saying they knew Rodgers was going to play like that is lying.

Dillon is now part of the duo next to Jones. The offense was already disgustingly good last year and only going to be better this year. 

I think we're pretty happy over here. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

There was just a report that Denver might trade for him. Doesn't matter, anyway. The Bears will eat the cap hit if they have too. Foles is toxic to Nagy and Pace's continued employment by the Chicago Bears...

34 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

I am officially asking to be traded to a different team

We now have two backup QBs.  We signed a QB that is significantly worse than the QB we're letting walk.  We are likely going to lock up that stat of having two of the worst QBs to start games in 2021, just like last year. 

Of all the possible moves to make I don't know how you get here unless it's part of some trade for a QB.  The move-JUST LIKE LAST YEAR-would be to be patient if you can't get a QB early in FA. Let other teams panic and sign the Daltons, trade for the Foleseses of the world. Instead here we are, paying 16m for two QBs that both suck. 

Prop bet: I would bet a nice twelve pack that there is a news story about either Pace/Nagy/McCaskey getting cussed out in public this season.

Plenty of room on the Jags bandwagon.  We're going to have a pretty fun QB to watch for the next decade and there's nowhere to go but up!  They even have a swimming pool in the stands at their home stadium!  :)

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

Plenty of room on the Jags bandwagon.  We're going to have a pretty fun QB to watch for the next decade and there's nowhere to go but up!  They even have a swimming pool in the stands at their home stadium!  :)

E4dIBTDXluMX__8el1GO6zoFdZwuNDApBcvFaY8H

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

There was just a report that Denver might trade for him. Doesn't matter, anyway. The Bears will eat the cap hit if they have too. Foles is toxic to Nagy and Pace's continued employment by the Chicago Bears...

There's just such a disconnect between what's best for the Bears and what's best for Nagy and Pace... I wonder how long their contracts are actually for? 

#windywasright