Lions sign RB Jamaal Williams (2 years, $7.5M)

RaidersAreOne

7 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

They can never just let a young man have this job all to himself can they? Frustrating fantasy owners everywhere 

Here i was getting all hyoed up about Swift next year smh

Jamal Williams is a good signing... but damn lol I was just hoping he would wind up somewhere else 

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Here i was getting all hyoed up about Swift next year smh

Jamal Williams is a good signing... but damn lol I was just hoping he would wind up somewhere else 

Haha for sure. As a fantasy player I’m upset, if I’m a lions fan looking at this move I’m pretty happy. A good RB for pretty cheap to help keep Swift healthy and fresh. 

Jamal Williams.  If you need 2 yards, he will give you 2.5.  If you need 4 yards, he will give you 2.5.

And that isn't a knock on him.  He just isn't a gamebreaker.  But he is very, very solid.  Great receiver.  Great blocker.  Unreal team guy with his personality.  Rarely injured.

Lions are getting a quality player there who can backup the RB position and spot start when needed.  Just don't expect any "special" out of his runs.  Do expect "special" in every other facet of the game.  Insane intangibles.

3 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

You don’t even know the guarantees? 

He's the 15th highest paid RB.  Latavius Murray was the highest paid "backup" RB in the NFL,a nd he's making $3.5M/year.  This was elite backup RB money.  I just personally believe you could have drafted someone in Round 3-5 who could do the same job Williams does.

21 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He's the 15th highest paid RB.  Latavius Murray was the highest paid "backup" RB in the NFL,a nd he's making $3.5M/year.  This was elite backup RB money.  I just personally believe you could have drafted someone in Round 3-5 who could do the same job Williams does.

yes, this happens all the time in FA. _______ player is now the ______ highest. Its how fa works and until we know the guarantees its almost impossible to say if this is good or bad. Id also argue the term "backup rb" is relative to player and system. If Williams is going to get north of 135-140 touches, then him being a "back up" is kind of irrelevant.