Ezekiel Elliot remains suspended

SpanosPayYourRent

18 hours ago, jrry32 said:

The NFL and NFLPA are private entities that pay for their own legal costs. The judges and court staff are salaried. 

In fact, the lawyers making money off of this leads to tax revenue (and consumption), so in the end, it's probably a net positive.

Didn't consider that, but I can't help but be annoyed that these idiots are wasting time and effort for such a huge and useless witch hunt. There is NO public anger at Elliot.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Why does she keep saying permanent injunction? It'll be the preliminary injunction. And that ruling is immediately appealable, so there isn't a guarantee that Zeke plays out the season (because the Second Circuit could vacate it before the season ends).

Also, the new judge isn't bound by the opinion of the stand-in judge, so his take on the TRO doesn't guarantee anything (but as I've said all along, I wholeheartedly agreed with Judge Mazzant's opinion on Zeke's preliminary injunction).

8 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I'll allow it if you're British.

Misspelt can be either. Traditionally one side is American English and one side is British, but when my phone auto corrects does it matter? An article trying to have you brag to your friends and incorrectly spelling words right off the bat is funny.

Is he playing this week? I’ve read a bunch of articles saying he’s playing, that he’s not playing, that there’s an injunction, that the injunction didn’t work, each of them all written about the same time. Would appear he’s playing, but I have no idea.

1 hour ago, iPwn said:

Is he playing this week? I’ve read a bunch of articles saying he’s playing, that he’s not playing, that there’s an injunction, that the injunction didn’t work, each of them all written about the same time. Would appear he’s playing, but I have no idea.

He's playing this week and next without a shadow of a doubt.

Archived