FFMD 21 Discussion Thread

EaglesPeteC

5 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Just... imagine making demands after a reasonable oversight on an internet draft mock...

Idk what going on I'm just saying if pick is way lower it's not the deal I agreed to.

Got the future pick now tho so looks like it's solved

Edited by Kirill

30 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

FFMD with TCMD model with Pete and Mike as Mods running it (if they wanted to that is) would work and would hopefully allow more Mods across the site to push this is all forums. (Mod influence is underrated IMO).

It really isn't.  The last iteration of FFMD that got cancelled, mods were very vocal about getting involved with TCMD and nothing happened.

3 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Idk what going on I'm just saying if pick is way lower it's not the deal I agreed to.

Got the future pick now tho so looks like it's solved

But... it's a forum mock, right? It's not that it happened, but how you approached it. Instead of making demands, you'd think you would throw a "?" in there, or even handle it in a PM.

12 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It really isn't.  The last iteration of FFMD that got cancelled, mods were very vocal about getting involved with TCMD and nothing happened.

You may be right but it seemed to me whilst there were a few hardcore mods willing to push it on most of the old school didn’t want the hassle mentioned in previous posts. It didn’t feel like it was forum wide that’s for sure. Maybe just my opinion.

Just now, mountainpd said:

You may be right but it seemed to me whilst there were a few hardcore mods willing to push it on most of the old school didn’t want the hassle mentioned in previous posts. It didn’t feel like it was forum wide that’s for sure. Maybe just my opinion.

Either that or the hardcore mods did more towards Ffmd than I realised before.

7 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

And I'm gonna tell you right now, that majority of the mods from the previous years' FFMDs don't have the same kind of time they used to have.  Me being a prime example.  I don't have the time to host FFMD/TCMD.  I've given a few spare thoughts to @MaximusGluteus, but largely I haven't been involved.  And when you look at TCMD, you've got two "types" of posters.  You've got the ones who are going to be involved for their very specific teams (i.e. sparky, Lucky, etc.) and you've got the ones who want to participate and willing to "fill in" the teams who don't have a ton of members to begin with.  You're not really attracting new posters to be GMs, you're recycling through the same ones.  IIRC, we were averaging some 3-4 posters per team on average during the peak of FFMD where the options were largely plentiful.  I believe the last iteration of FFMD1 didn't have a SINGLE Packers' poster volunteer as GM.  Let that sink in.  The most active team subforum on FF couldn't get a candidate.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, animaltested said:

I think my timeslot is about to start. Dolphins @mountainpd better make their pick soon, cuz Im not waiting. 

Sorry. I had a nice post typed out on my computer at home for my pick with tag. But my daughter talked me into taking her to the park, and I slapped my pick together on my phone and barely managed that. I think I forgot to tag the dolphins. My bad!

fail black and white GIF

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

And I'm gonna tell you right now, that majority of the mods from the previous years' FFMDs don't have the same kind of time they used to have.  Me being a prime example.  I don't have the time to host FFMD/TCMD.  I've given a few spare thoughts to @MaximusGluteus, but largely I haven't been involved.  And when you look at TCMD, you've got two "types" of posters.  You've got the ones who are going to be involved for their very specific teams (i.e. sparky, Lucky, etc.) and you've got the ones who want to participate and willing to "fill in" the teams who don't have a ton of members to begin with.  You're not really attracting new posters to be GMs, you're recycling through the same ones.  IIRC, we were averaging some 3-4 posters per team on average during the peak of FFMD where the options were largely plentiful.  I believe the last iteration of FFMD1 didn't have a SINGLE Packers' poster volunteer as GM.  Let that sink in.  The most active team subforum on FF couldn't get a candidate.

Yeah great point. huge amount of people’s own time has to be given up as well for very little gratitude.

7 minutes ago, animaltested said:

I think my timeslot is about to start. Dolphins @mountainpd better make their pick soon, cuz Im not waiting. 

1 minute ago, RTTRUTH said:

Sorry. I had a nice post typed out on my computer at home for my pick with tag. But my daughter talked me into taking her to the park, and I slapped my pick together on my phone and barely managed that. I think I forgot to tag the dolphins. My bad!

fail black and white GIF

@EaglesPeteCyou want me to pick or you moving this pick away from me, no one seems to be overly bothered if I have it but I was trying to do what’s right as I still don’t believe it’s mine.