FFMD 21 Discussion Thread

EaglesPeteC

Just now, NudeTayne said:

I mean, this is my surprised face when he ends up the best receiver in the class. Also, Smith could be elite, like all-time elite, with Mahomes & Auto.

1) he could be but the overwhelming odds are he is not. 

2) this is a different convo if they made a small trade up to grab him but 2 1s and a 2 with no viable T on your roster that is a really really poor use of assets 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

That was a plan that went haywire and they just threw a dart.

The ability of Smith is pretty irrelevant. You don’t trade all those assets for a #3 receiving option. That is silliness 

The plan was always to move up because we don't have enough roster spots for a whole draft class to fill. We wanted a LT but we weren't going to give up 2 entire draft classes for Penei Sewell.

The draft value chart works well in our favor. Every other team had an aversion to doing a deal with us because of who we are and were turning down insane offers in their favor. Denver immidiately gave us a fair offer so we pulled the trigger knowing worst case scenario we're getting one of these elite playmakers.

Edited by Kirill

5 minutes ago, Kirill said:

The plan was always to move up because we don't have enough roster spots for a whole draft class to fill. We wanted a LT but we weren't going to give up 2 entire draft classes for Penei Sewell.

The draft value chart works well in our favor. Every other team had an aversion to doing a deal with us because of who we are and were turning down insane offers in their favor. Denver immidiately gave us a fair offer so we pulled the trigger knowing worst case scenario we're getting one of these elite playmakers.

Making that trade so long in advance made little sense. 

that roster spot argument is also not really sensible because you gave up 3 premium picks not a bunch of 6ths and 7ths.

It was an ill advised trade that went haywire for you. That is an ok thing to admit. 

I mean you got a good player but looking at the assets given for how that helps your team is not in your favor no matter how you spin it 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Making that trade so long in advance made little sense. 

that roster spot argument is also not really sensible because you gave up 3 premium picks not a bunch of 6ths and 7ths.

It was an ill advised trade that went haywire for you. That is an ok thing to admit. 

I mean you got a good player but looking at the assets given for how that helps your team is not in your favor no matter how you spin it 

WR is a deceptively glaring need for KC. Watkins the elder statesmen of the legion of zoom is gone. Tyreek refused to restructure with the team. Hardman still a bit of an unknown.  The past was what it was but we had to be aggressive to keep our offensive unstoppable and can't rest on cheap confidence while the rest of the league gets better.

This idea of you have an elite QB the WR's don't matter is cute in theory but in reality the final playoff teams all have elite WR's now.

I saw this with the OL last year. I was on record numerous times saying Brett Veach do not neglect the offensive line, draft all offensive line, etc. He didn't and we lost the SB but now we got Kyle Long, Joe Thuney, LDT, and Niang, 4 guys we think are all starter quality. We were not nearly as desperate for OL as people think due to the nightmare showing our patchwork OL in the SB had.

• Like 1