FFMD 21 Discussion Thread

EaglesPeteC

1 minute ago, Superduperman said:

No, just the one who had to come in here and say "I had nothing to do with this" in typical self important fashion. I don't see any Chiefs fans doing the same thing

Huh? Your words, in the first post of the Lions' FFMD War Room: "I want this to be a fun activity which everyone can participate in, and everyone's input will be considered."

You made a massive trade without making any sort of mention about said trade to the other members of the forum. I don't think you understand how FFMD is supposed to operate. You might want to check your own post.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

No, just the one who had to come in here and say "I had nothing to do with this" in typical self important fashion. I don't see any Chiefs fans doing the same thing

Bro we made out like a bandit with devonta smith were good in the KC forum haha

40 minutes ago, D82 said:

Y'know...I was high on Parsons at first. But the more I've looked into him and read up on him...I think he doesn't even go in the 1st round IRL.

IRL I'd push way harder for Horn...but it's just nice to have a good linebacker for once, even if it is just all pretend.

Parsons would come in and do a lot of Anthony Barr stuff in this scheme. So it's sort of a sudo Edge/LB position. We're going to be blitzing for the first time in a half decade, need LBs that can do that and do it well.

Him being more versatile beyond that is a plus. 

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

IRL I'd push way harder for Horn...but it's just nice to have a good linebacker for once, even if it is just all pretend.

Parsons would come in and do a lot of Anthony Barr stuff in this scheme. So it's sort of a sudo Edge/LB position. We're going to be blitzing for the first time in a half decade, need LBs that can do that and do it well.

Him being more versatile beyond that is a plus. 

On this note, and for selfish dynasty football purposes, is there any chance T.J. Edwards is going to wreak some more havoc next year? Or you Eagles fans think he'll get buried behind other options?? 

I know a bit tough to be sure before the draft. Just curious on your perspectives...

28 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Huh? Your words, in the first post of the Lions' FFMD War Room: "I want this to be a fun activity which everyone can participate in, and everyone's input will be considered."

You made a massive trade without making any sort of mention about said trade to the other members of the forum. I don't think you understand how FFMD is supposed to operate. You might want to check your own post.

That might be it. Considered...and disregarded. 

Just now, RTTRUTH said:

On this note, and for selfish dynasty football purposes, is there any chance T.J. Edwards is going to wreak some more havoc next year? Or you Eagles fans think he'll get buried behind other options?? 

I know a bit tough to be sure before the draft. Just curious on your perspectives...

If we don't draft anyone he'd have a shot. I'd go look at other Cover 2 / Zimmer defense teams and see what their LBs did.
He's a former UDFA carryover with a brand new staff coming in, so he'll have to fight to really stick.
Singleton is probably our only safe LB aside from Davion Taylor who they drafted last year in the 3rd.

• Like 1

After Rashawn Slater goes and I assume maybe he goes to the Chargers....it could be a real crap show in terms of how random it could be and quite possibly will happen in real life as well.  A lot of guys in a group of about 20 players and some could go in the 14-20 range 1st round or end up as early 2nd round picks also....

A lot of OL prospects in Vera-Tucker, Darrisaw, Mayfield, Cosmi, Leatherwood, Carman, Humphrey, Wyatt Davis etc and where they all go and how they end up in what order.  Same can be said with DEs in Paye, Rosseau, Ojulari, Phillips, Oweh etc.  No clear cut top guys with either group.

7 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

After Rashawn Slater goes and I assume maybe he goes to the Chargers....it could be a real crap show in terms of how random it could be and quite possibly will happen in real life as well.  A lot of guys in a group of about 20 players and some could go in the 14-20 range 1st round or end up as early 2nd round picks also....

A lot of OL prospects in Vera-Tucker, Darrisaw, Mayfield, Cosmi, Leatherwood, Carman, Humphrey, Wyatt Davis etc and where they all go and how they end up in what order.  Same can be said with DEs in Paye, Rosseau, Ojulari, Phillips, Oweh etc.  No clear cut top guys with either group.

You aren't wrong about most of this. Except the Chargers already picked and believe it or not didn't go O-line.

But I'll bet you a few names that slide to the second come draft day. My own personal assumptions...

Carman, Wyatt Davis, probably Oweh. And I know Oweh is a tough one. I just can't get over the zero sacks. People will say he's an athletic freak. That's fine. But you (with all that God given athleticism) couldn't get lucky and pull off one sack all season. Is a GM going to risk his job for that?? I wouldn't be able to. Quite honestly his instincts didn't impress me all that much either.

Wouldn't shock me if Carman got to late 2nd even.