FFMD 21 Discussion Thread

EaglesPeteC

12 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Yikes Chiefs.....yikes 

Chiefs traded their 3 most valuable draft picks to take a player at the 2nd least valuable position. On Kansas City it may even be least valuable to be honest, Mahomes could be successful throwing to a mime. 

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Was it great value to trade 31, 63 and a future first round pick for him?

I thought it was just picks 31 and 63.  A future 1st rounder sure changes things, but that will be what a pick in the 29-32 range.  Makes it a little different but then again this is just pretend and a lot of these trades not sure they would technically go through in real life anyway because the contracts would not match up.

Either way it does make sense and DeVonta Smith could be outstanding in that offense, unless the Chiefs believe the future WR for them is Mecole Hardman and I doubt that.  Only reason he was picked honestly was Tyreek Hill insurance when he was going through his legal stuff and has been a good player for them clearly but not sure he is a #2 WR.

5 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Some folks have Devonta top-5, so probably actually yeah.

That was a plan that went haywire and they just threw a dart.

The ability of Smith is pretty irrelevant. You don’t trade all those assets for a #3 receiving option. That is silliness 

14 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

That was a plan that went haywire and they just threw a dart.

The ability of Smith is pretty irrelevant. You don’t trade all those assets for a #3 receiving option. That is silliness 

I mean, this is my surprised face when he ends up the best receiver in the class. Also, Smith could be elite, like all-time elite, with Mahomes & Auto.