FFMD 21 Discussion Thread

EaglesPeteC

Just now, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

they're still devastated by the fact that they missed out on Sewell by only 2 picks

i feel that tho

This is why you don’t trade up unless you are sure you are getting the player you want. 

Betting on a second trade up or Sewell falls that far was.....not.....great 

• Like 1

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

This is why you don’t trade up unless you are sure you are getting the player you want. 

Betting on a second trade up or Sewell falls that far was.....not.....great 

I mean he was negotiating with the Dolphins at 6, which had reached out to me at 4.  The idea was KC comes to 4 for Sewell, Bengals go with a WR, then WFT still gets a QB at 6, and Dolphins were cool dropping to 31 and grabbing a bunch of future picks.  Dolphins GM and I are chatting about it when he agrees to a deal at 9, then PMs me and he's like hey man lets do a deal 4 for 9.  I'm like, hell no I'm not going down to 9 that puts us out of the range for the QB we want.  He could of had Sewell if he just waited and finished the negotiations on the 3 team deal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

I mean he was negotiating with the Dolphins at 6, which had reached out to me at 4.  The idea was KC comes to 4 for Sewell, Bengals go with a WR, then WFT still gets a QB at 6, and Dolphins were cool dropping to 31 and grabbing a bunch of future picks.  Dolphins GM and I are chatting about it when he agrees to a deal at 9, then PMs me and he's like hey man lets do a deal 4 for 9.  I'm like, hell no I'm not going down to 9 that puts us out of the range for the QB we want.  He could of had Sewell if he just waited and finished the negotiations on the 3 team deal.

this is the juice we all wish we could get real GMs to talk about 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Now I want to see the parameters on this deal. How many future picks we talking?

Just now, winitall said:

Now I want to see the parameters on this deal. How many future picks we talking?

The Dolphins were going to get something similar to what the Broncos got.  We never finalized what WFT was going to get for moving from 4 to 6. 

8 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The Dolphins were going to get something similar to what the Broncos got.  We never finalized what WFT was going to get for moving from 4 to 6. 

We were getting more picks and players but never got to the stage of whether it was worth while in trading up to 4 as we would have to probably give up a 3rd rounder or we hoped to get back in the top 10 by trading up from 16 so that would cost us our second rounder.

very complex.