FFMD 21 Discussion Thread

EaglesPeteC

Just now, Kiltman said:

Ahh ok

What was the earliest 2nd rounder you were being offered? seems like they could've just moved #35 for him instead of almost double the value of this trade.

Ya but then he's giving up an actual pick instead of just draft positioning.  Like I said in my earlier post, Atlanta can still grab a quality defender at 19, and still have their 2nd round pick. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I know that, I'm sticking up for him because I think you guys are being too hard on him.  I liked the trade from Atlanta's perspective. 

idk man

youre never going to get anyone on your side here saying that this is a decent trade for the Falcons

idc if he's an All Pro guard or not, hes a Guard.....a 29 year old guard....

and yea it may just be draft positioning BUT its draft positioning from 19 TO 4

no one in their right mind would actually pull off THAT trade for a Guard, maybe a Tackle

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

idk man

youre never going to get anyone on your side here saying that this is a decent trade for the Falcons

no one in their right mind would actually pull off THAT trade for a Guard, maybe a Tackle

Scherff can play tackle.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Scherff can play tackle.

i mean Atlanta traded pick 4, and Scherff will be making what 18M+ ? he better play Guard AND Tackle 😂

all jokes aside, in this QB hungry NFL society, with a pick as valuable as 4 , where essentially the Draft begins, that pick was worth a hell of a lot more

1 minute ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

i mean Atlanta traded pick 4, and Scherff will be making what 18M+ ? he better play Guard AND Tackle 😂

all jokes aside, in this QB hungry NFL society, with a pick as valuable as 4 , where essentially the Draft begins, that pick was worth a hell of a lot more

Show me an actual offer from another team in FFMD that exceeded the offer we made.  It just wasn't there. 

24 minutes ago, winitall said:

I think you still could have gotten some talent from him with players but I will concede the point. I still think he could have gotten better value trading with Carolina (the deal you turned down) or with the Patriots for sure. The Pats war room has been discussing offering 15, 46, 2022 1st, and Gilmore for pick 4. Anything close to that would have been a much better deal IMO. 

Had the Pats even come to me with that, then maybe. But they didn't think to even offer anything to me. 

9 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

idk man

And we signed a 29 year old center 5 years ago with Alex Mack. What's your point? The Falcons can structure the cap around that guard with Lindstrom, McGary and Hennessy all on rookie pick salaries. Matthews deal isn't bad either. Having Matthews at LT, Lindstrom slide to LG, Hennessy at C, Scherff at RG and McGary at RT gives the team a solid OL that all fits the scheme that our new head coach will be running.

20 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Ya but then he's giving up an actual pick instead of just draft positioning.  Like I said in my earlier post, Atlanta can still grab a quality defender at 19, and still have their 2nd round pick. 

I get that but value is value, could make different moves to move down from #4 and recoup that loss of a pick.
Using essentially a 1st to not spend a 2nd seems a little strange.

• Like 1