Giants sign WR Kenny Golladay (4 years, $72M)

ACO

7 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

He had one good season.  And by “good” I don’t mean outstanding.

Antonio Brown had 7 seasons over 1100 and Oakland signed him for only 50 million with 30 guaranteed in comparison.  He was a 4 time first team by that time.  

And, New York just gave this guy upwards to 76 million?  

What makes him so special?  

If you don’t understand the extra baggage that came with AB affecting his contract there’s not much of a conversation to be had here. Even before all the hoopla happened while he was a raider there was a risk with him, hence the Steelers only being able to get a 3rd and a 5th? I think it was from the Raiders. I don’t think you’ll find anyone who watches and understands football who denies AB’s talent, it’s the extra you’re getting off the field with him that hurts him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RamblinMan99 said:

He had one good season.  And by “good” I don’t mean outstanding.

Antonio Brown had 7 seasons over 1100 and Oakland signed him for only 50 million with 30 guaranteed in comparison.  He was a 4 time first team by that time.  

And, New York just gave this guy upwards to 76 million?  

What makes him so special?  

No, he had 2 good seasons and was producing at a very similar rate around injuries. I'm not saying he's a superstar, but your criticism is shallow.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

The talent at WR in today’s game is ridiculous so him being a ranked that low is a testament too how deep crop of wide receivers are in today’s game 

It's easy to look good when every rule has been changed to allow it.

• Like 1

Signing that needed to happen. Did the NYG overpay? Possibly... But D.Jones needs weapons. He's yet to have a true #1. Slayton is a good WR and will make a great #2 but with SB, EE, Golladay, Shep, Ross, and Slay out there DJ will have all the talent he needs. The skill positions are stocked and Jones has to deliver. If he can't then it's a reflection on his skill and we need to move on. This is plenty of talent for him to exceed. 

• Like 1

On 3/21/2021 at 4:57 AM, LinebackerGod said:

Hopefully? Where is that brash Gmen post where we hear that this is the move that gets you back to the Super Bowl?

Gettleman did a great job in free agency last year bringing in James Bradberry and Blake Martinez.  Both played at a pro bowl level for us in year one.  But in general good teams are built through the draft, not free agency.  And although I’m glad DJ has his #1 receiver, the Giants could have drafted a much younger and cheaper Chase Claypool in round 2 last year and avoided paying KG $18 million per year.  

I hope this isn’t a desperation move by a GM that knows he’s on thin ice, because if it doesn’t work out, it’s an expensive mistake. That being said, Plaxico Burress was also an expensive (at the time) WR that ended up being worth every penny.  So we will see..

• Like 1