Cowboys sign S/LB Keanu Neal

ACO

Sad to see him leave he was the 1 guy i really was hoping we could bring back.  I really don't understand how we couldn't bring in him or Harris at safety for only 5 mil.  I understand we are not tons of cap space but why even restructure ryan and kick that massive cap hit down the road if you wasn't going to use it to sign anyone of significance we could use like one of the quality safety's, CB's, or DE's.    Erik Harris is fine for depth at 1.5 mil but he's not a starter we need for next year.

Neal is a great player and when healthy is a nasty mofo to deal with for anyone coming across the middle Dallas will love him and Quinn knows what he is all about.

9 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Sad to see him leave he was the 1 guy i really was hoping we could bring back.  I really don't understand how we couldn't bring in him or Harris at safety for only 5 mil.  I understand we are not tons of cap space but why even restructure ryan and kick that massive cap hit down the road if you wasn't going to use it to sign anyone of significance we could use like one of the quality safety's, CB's, or DE's.    Erik Harris is fine for depth at 1.5 mil but he's not a starter we need for next year.

Neal is a great player and when healthy is a nasty mofo to deal with for anyone coming across the middle Dallas will love him and Quinn knows what he is all about.

I mean, I’m really hoping you realize “being a nasty mofo to deal with for anyone coming across the middle” doesn’t really exist in today’s game anymore. If you’re not good in coverage, you’re not really that valuable. Neal wasn’t good in coverage and there’s a real likelihood that injuries sapped him of the ability it takes. With that said, that’s only talking about safety.

As A LB, it’s more interesting. So Dallas can have some hope but you’re aware we are set at LB, right?