Dolphins trade 3rd overall pick to SF

JiffyJag

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Kyle Shannan also gets a ton of credit but they've had a losing record in 3/4 years he has been there. 

Same thing with Robert Saleh, gets credit as a defensive guru, but if you remove the 1 Super Bowl year his defenses have allowed like 25 ppg in his 3 other years as the 49ers DC. 

SF was 5th in YPG allowed and 17th in PPG allowed this year with an offense that didn't really do anything right consistently. Niners also had a ton of injuries. Saleh did a really good job this year given what he was working with.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So what happens with Jimmy G? They're saying he's staying but I can't really see him being too happy about them trading up for a QB. Would New England or Chicago give up their 1st round pick for him? 

not even close to it. They probably look what Miami got for Tannehill. The Patriots would be out of their minds to give up more than a 3rd.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

SF was 5th in YPG allowed and 17th in PPG allowed this year with an offense that didn't really do anything right consistently. Niners also had a ton of injuries. Saleh did a really good job this year given what he was working with.

He did do a pretty good job considering their injuries. But in the 3 years outside of their Super Bowl run his defenses have allowed an average of 25.1 ppg. The one great year he has had he had one of the most talented defenses in NFL history. 

This was freaking impressive for the Dolphins.  I thought that they were on the right track to be real contenders in the AFC within a couple of years before this.  This makes them even stronger.

just my opinion, the future of the afc runs through Cleveland, Buffalo, and Miami.

I think that after all of the spending this year the Pats crash and prove that the dynasty was more TB12 than Darth Hoodie.

I think KC is ready for a big step back.  I think Pitt is ready to fall off of a cliff.  

I also think the Ravens are ready to take a big step back in a couple of years. 

Go Browns!

Edited by DizzyDean

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

He did do a pretty good job considering their injuries. But in the 3 years outside of their Super Bowl run his defenses have allowed an average of 25.1 ppg. The one great year he has had he had one of the most talented defenses in NFL history. 

Uh, no, he didn't. I'd bet it's not even one of the most talented defenses of the decade.

One of the most talented defensive lines since the 80s, perhaps.

1 minute ago, SBLIII said:

not even close to it. They probably look what Miami got for Tannehill. The Patriots would be out of their minds to give up more than a 3rd.

BB looks to be in win now mode and Nagy/Pace are likely gone if they don't have a good season. Is any QB that New England or Chicago could draft going to help them win next season? Plus Jimmy G's contract is manageable because he has almost no dead cap if they decided to move on from him. 

KC got a 3rd for Alex Smith but he was older and Washington wasn't in win now mode. And Miami got a 4th for Tannehill but he wasn't really a hot commodity at the time, he wasn't even the starter when he got to Tennessee. 

The implications this trade has on the Panthers, Patriots, Broncos, Patriots, and Bears is absolutely massive. 

Atlanta now has the most desirable pick in the draft. They are about to get an absolute ransom for 4.

The fun projection part now is, who gets QB4 and QB5? Who pulls the trigger to move up to 4 to grab QB4? Then, does someone jump the Panthers for QB5? Who is left out? Will the Bears be stuck with Dalton and Foles? Do the Broncos give up hope and move out of 9 after they see all the QBs go? And who goes into full desperation mode and takes Kyle Trask in the first, because we damn sure know that is coming?

Again, this rules.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Uh, no, he didn't. I'd bet it's not even one of the most talented defenses of the decade.

One of the most talented defensive lines since the 80s, perhaps.

Bosa, Armstead, Ford, and Buckner was definitely one of the best DL's we've seen in recent NFL history. That defense also had Richard Sherman and Jimmie Ward played at a very high level as well as Fred Warner and Kwon Alexander (although for only half the season). 

So Saleh had a great year with a very talented defense and has been pretty meh without an elite DL. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think it’s Lance. Keep Jimmy G for another year. Fields is now QB 4

Jimmy G has missed 33 games over the last 4 seasons. Whoever they draft is likely going to have to start whether it's at the beginning of the season or when Jimmy inevitabley gets hurt.

Edited by NYRaider