Dolphins trade 3rd overall pick to SF

JiffyJag

Just now, goldfishwars said:

The Niners gave up on him with no succession plan in place, the Niners have up on him not knowing who is going to be there at 3. We'll have to agree to disagree man, no way does this not impact his value. Teams know SF will take what they can get and he's most likely been available for a trade anyway.

What are you talking about they gave up with him with no succession plan in place? He's the starting QB this year and the succession plan is the guy that they pick at #3? 

• Like 2

Just now, Forge said:

What are you talking about they gave up with him with no succession plan in place? He's the starting QB this year and the succession plan is the guy that they pick at #3? 

This seems most likely. I think it's a massive gamble though especially for a guy from FCS who played 1 year

Just now, JiffyJag said:

Think the Panthers move up to 4? They're looking to miss out on a top QB now.....

I think you have to wait to see who the niners take. There's a real shot that it could be Lance, who almost has to sit. If that leaves Fields, the team I could really see getting froggy could be someone like Denver. They've done a lot in free agency and the biggest question is that QB room. 

1 minute ago, SBLIII said:

This seems most likely. I think it's a massive gamble though especially for a guy from FCS who played 1 year

It also gives Jimmy a chance to rehab his value and stay healthy. The health is the problem with his value right now, not really his play. He's a competent starting QB. That's why I Think they felt comfortable making the trade - I think they expect to get value back from trading Jimmy at some point. 

Just now, goldfishwars said:

Zero chance Falcons will let them get a QB, up to Denver or Pats now if they want it enough 

or lets say its lance? DO the falcons view him as a lottery ticket typ that has no business being the 4th overall pick? if so Carolina gets a QB that needs a lot of work and Atlanta gets at least an additional first.