Dolphins trade 3rd overall pick to SF

JiffyJag

Just now, jrry32 said:

It would seem to me that Shanahan's system would solve some of the problems with Fields's slower processing. Plus, Fields's running ability would make your running game even more effective.

This is what I'm thinking as well. People can bag on Fields for that, and I get it, but his arm talent is legit for this offense and Jimmy G throws to his primary read 70%

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I wouldn't have done it for Lance. If we go in that direction, I'll be concerned, but have to trust Shanny there. 

Fields will be a star with Shanny in my opinion. 

i feel like Lance has that Mahomes-esque feel to ppl

and thats why i think ppl are so enamored 

just a hunch

• Like 1

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

SF just set a steeeep price for moving up, though. I’m not big on that.

Neither am I. But it could create a panic fearing that the QBs will fly off the board quickly and none of the top 5 will be available. I mean, there are about 4 teams ahead of the Patriots who could take a QB and only 2 QBs will be available after pick 3. Both Fields and Lance seem made for the 2 TE offense imo and one will be available. I think it could happen.

Just now, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

i feel like Lance has that Mahomes-esque feel to ppl

and thats why i think ppl are so enamored 

just a hunch

I could see that. The gap between what he is and what he could be is soooooooooooooooooooo huge....just like it was with Mahomes. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

@ET80 knows...

What's really going to bake my noodle? When those 2022 and 2023 picks are both Alabama offensive players, coached by Alabama OC Bill O'Brien.

It's like... fate REALLY wants me to dislike football.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

This is what I'm thinking as well. People can bag on Fields for that, and I get it, but his arm talent is legit for this offense and Jimmy G throws to his primary read 70%

Yeah, I have zero doubts about Fields's ability to sling it. 

1 minute ago, goldfishwars said:

What??

Given the reports that they are still in on Jimmy, I could see it for sure. Especially if it's a future first. I think it's more likely that we keep JImmy and rehab his value while allowing whomever we select to learn the offense. 

• Like 1