49ers Acquire the 3rd Overall Pick and Breaks the Internet.

baltimoreRebel

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Huh? I'm saying you play Jimmy in 2021 and sit Lance while letting him take over the reigns in 2022.

I joked Shanny wanted his cake and wanted to eat it too....Well, he really is going to be doing that in this scenario LOL.

Yep, I misunderstood. I edited my comment to reflect that. Sorry.

1 minute ago, N4L said:

Interesting that you look at this as Lance. I took this as a move to get wilson.

Lance has a lot of risk to trade 2 future firsts for. I do like him a lot, but he has more risk for him than there would be with wilson 

I've always said Lance or Fields, with Shanny preferring Lance's raw potential. He can coach up Lance exactly the way he wants to and then let him loose in 2022. 

But getting a rookie QB with this stacked roster was the way to go. Now you can hold on to all the top guys and won't have to give up Warner or Bosa due to cap reasons. 

1 minute ago, NinerNation21 said:

Absolutely the right call. We aren't missing out on any signings with keeping Jimmy. Have damn near 18-20M in cap space. You don't need to rush the rookie on the field.

This still puts us in contention for 2021 and then opens up so many opportunities going forward. The team was going to be tight against the cap in 2022, but that no longer will be the case.

Shanny is also banking on Jimmy ballin out this season and getting back a first rounder that had to be given up here.

L-O-L at those Sam Darnold rumors btw. I hate this sometimes lol. 

• Like 1