The Duke's Mock Draft (2 rounds)

THE DUKE

54 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I guess you don't realize that the Falcons have one that is better than Collins and is faster, and better in coverage than Collins is. Or that off-ball LB like Collins isn't what they need for an EDGE. They need a true pass rushing edge. They don't have a primary pass rushing edge right now. That's the biggest weakness on defense. Collins being selected does nothing to actually help the Falcons because he's not a pass rusher, and I disagree that he's a 3-4 OLB. he's an ILB. He's like Tedy Bruschi but with worse coverage. Collins doesn't fit the need for what Atlanta has. That's the bigger point. he doesn't fit Atlanta as an OLB. that's the bigger point. 

To me he's Van noy.  

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Myers can also start at G, I think he is going to be good anywhere on the interior OL.  What's the plan for OT though if not Leatherwood? Thuney will hold down one G spot.  Rousseau does make sense as well though.

There is no point if drafting an OG early unless it's AVT sliding to them. OG is already a log jam, but C not so much. 

There are many candidates at OG--returning starters Laurant Duverney-Tardiff (opt out in 2020), Nick Allegretti, Thuney, Kyle Long, Yasir Durant. At C Austin Blythe, backed up by Allegretti, with PS player Darryl Williams as deep depth. RT has Lucas Niang (also opt out) and Mike Remmers, plus both Thuney and Long have experience at RT.

LT is the question. Perhaps Niang has worked into it during his opt-out year, since he does have a professional coach. Remmers was pretty good at RT, but flopped when forced to play LT. My best guess is that they see what they can get in the draft, then rent a veteran LT for a year. 

J

22 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Not a very good Bills draft.

Freiermuth doesn't move the needle for Buffalo in any way IMO. Is he an upgrade over Knox year 1? I doubt it.

Creed Humphrey, Etienne, Landon Dickerson, Jaelen Phillips, Samuel Jr and Zaven Collins all make way more sense. 

Bills have both their LT and RT locked up long term so Spencer Brown in round 2 seems like a waste. 

Respectfully disagree. I would go best available pass-rusher in the 1st, whomever they like the most. Brown in the 2nd I wouldn't mind at all. Reason being? We NEED a swing tackle prospect.

1 hour ago, Suffering_Bills said:

Respectfully disagree. I would go best available pass-rusher in the 1st, whomever they like the most. Brown in the 2nd I wouldn't mind at all. Reason being? We NEED a swing tackle prospect.

So Jaelen Phillips like I listed?

Im all for upgrading swing tackle.. but round two? And Brown? Pass.

Sewell/Marshall is my favorite Bengals first to rounds outcome, but Chase and Eicheberg is my runaway second.  Love it, as I am good either way in the first with Chase or Sewell.  But like I responded in another round, we have a problem if we go Chase and none of the top 6-8 OTs are left at 38.