Pick 1 (10th OVR)- DeVonta Smith, WR

Kiltman

Look this might turn out similar to the Fletcher Cox draft where we didn't take Luke Kuechly. Honestly couldn't go wrong with either.

As much as I do love Smitty, I will always be curious what the butterfly effect would of been had we taken Micah Parsons instead?

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Look this might turn out similar to the Fletcher Cox draft where we didn't take Luke Kuechly. Honestly couldn't go wrong with either.

As much as I do love Smitty, I will always be curious what the butterfly effect would of been had we taken Micah Parsons instead?

The passing game would be even more inept (teams could just double Goedert and rush an extra guy), but our defense would be noticeably better in all facets. Parsons is Lawrence Taylor mixed with Bobby Wagner. He's generational. DeVonta is something you expect to get 2 or 3 of every year in the draft. He is dope though. All we can do is soften the blow by drafting Devin Lloyd and a pass rusher that can get 10 sacks.

Edited by Jeezla

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

The passing game would be even more inept (teams could just double Goedert and rush an extra guy), but our defense would be noticeably better in all facets. Parsons is Lawrence Taylor mixed with Bobby Wagner. He's generational. DeVonta is something you expect to get 2 or 3 of every year in the draft. He is dope though. All we can do is soften the blow by drafting Devin Lloyd and a pass rusher that can get 10 sacks.

I dunno. Tbh, this kid could get 1k yards with his Qb consistently missing him. I think Smith has the ability to become an all pro talent, you just don’t fine crisp and elite route running all the time. Mix that with his type of hands and speed, he is a game changer. Next season as hurts gets more comfortable I think he will give Smith more chances. The world will notice it I really believe it 

13 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I agree. DeVonta looks like a good player, but Parsons is the better player. 

Edited by Broadway Joe

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Parsons is for sure a better player and looking special (potentially 1st rookie DPOY since LT lol). However, it’s not like we picked another LB or even defender at that. Taking Devonta over Parsons isn’t going to haunt us if Devonta is a pro bowl WR.

I don't think micah parsons would even go a very good job if asked to cover devonta.

Devonta>>> 

Can't deny my logic.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2021 at 6:15 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Parsons is for sure a better player and looking special (potentially 1st rookie DPOY since LT lol). However, it’s not like we picked another LB or even defender at that. Taking Devonta over Parsons isn’t going to haunt us if Devonta is a pro bowl WR.

Honestly I really don’t know. We have seen games where Devonta should of had 100 yards and extra tds. Jalen doesn’t throw it his way like he should. I’ve watched him legit beat doubles, make contested catches, all types of insane things out there. Hell he even blocks. I believe that next year we will see a surge in Jalen hurts progression reads and accuracy, and next year devonta Smith will become a superstar.

1 hour ago, Illadelegend215 said:

Honestly I really don’t know. We have seen games where Devonta should of had 100 yards and extra tds. Jalen doesn’t throw it his way like he should. I’ve watched him legit beat doubles, make contested catches, all types of insane things out there. Hell he even blocks. I believe that next year we will see a surge in Jalen hurts progression reads and accuracy, and next year devonta Smith will become a superstar.

Sure hope so

Even if it’s not super star level, they will have a long time together going into next season. Sirianni and Co will be looking for ways to best use them both as well with a season under their belts.

Hope Smith becomes a near impossible to stop safety valve for Hurts next year