Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

Just now, Leader said:

I havent been to a bar or out to eat since COVID came to town. Might have forgotten what it was like.

It's still boring, stupid, and too expensive.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Miami, Denver, and Las Vegas are my 3 most likely trade destinations.

Denver and Miami have way more young (affordable) talent they can trade away without destroying their roster.  The Raiders are in rough shape by comparison.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I think that's already been discussed.

Miami, Denver, and Las Vegas are my 3 most likely trade destinations.

You think Green Bay has told Rodgers they are willing to trade him?  Just want to make sure I am reading this right. 

If so, what makes you feel that way?  Trading him post draft makes the least amount of sense to me.

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:
7 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

The time to take the prospect of a Rodgers trade seriously is when GB grants Rodgers permission to go seek out a trade partner.

I think that's already been discussed.

Has it?  I wasn't aware.

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Denver and Miami have way more young (affordable) talent they can trade away without destroying their roster.  The Raiders are in rough shape by comparison.

Agreed.  But I also think Gruden/Mayock are more willing to overpay.

3 minutes ago, Cpdaly23 said:

You think Green Bay has told Rodgers they are willing to trade him?  Just want to make sure I am reading this right. 

If so, what makes you feel that way?  Trading him post draft makes the least amount of sense to me.

No.  I think Rodgers has asked for a trade, and given Gute a list of teams he'd "accept" going to.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

No.  I think Rodgers has asked for a trade, and given Gute a list of teams he'd "accept" going to.

I was thinking more along the lines of putting the burden on Rodgers and his agent to find a partner that would meet whatever absurd demands GB would have for a trade.

EDIT: And by extension, acknowledging that Rodgers is available.

Edited by Mazrimiv

4 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I was thinking more along the lines of putting the burden on Rodgers and his agent to find a partner that would meet whatever absurd demands GB would have for a trade.

EDIT: And by extension, acknowledging that Rodgers is available.

The Packers are better off when there are multiple suitors.  If you allow Rodgers to seek his own trade, they're less likely to get the maximum value.

Just now, CWood21 said:

The Packers are better off when there are multiple suitors.  If you allow Rodgers to seek his own trade, they're less likely to get the maximum value.

I mean, it's explicitly in his interest to land in a team that's minimally affected by the assets spent to acquire him.

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, it's explicitly in his interest to land in a team that's minimally affected by the assets spent to acquire him.

Exactly.  So if he decides on Denver, what motivation does Denver have to pony up?

Just now, CWood21 said:

Exactly.  So if he decides on Denver, what motivation does Denver have to pony up?

Green Bay can always decide to not trade him.  If the compensation isn’t remotely close to acceptable, I’d expect Green Bay to just let him report or retire.

Just now, CWood21 said:

In general I agree about the multiple suitors, but if you give Rodgers the parameters of what the asking price is and let his agent go find someone who will meet it, that's a pretty good starting point.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Pretty much solely "Green Bay needs to be motivated to play ball."

So you can probably get defensive talent and draft picks, but you're not taking away the toys Rodgers wants to play with.  I don't think he minds being the hero if he wins games 70-63.

Edited by PossibleCabbage