Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

Just now, incognito_man said:

She's been talking about baby fever in the media this spring.

Makes sense.

Saw a picture yesterday from the derby that may suggest that process may be started already.

11 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This saga is just getting ridiculous at this point. Just saw a report that Rodgers is "intrigued" by the Raiders....the Raiders. So you want to leave the Packers who are knocking on the SB door to go play with one of worst ran franchises in the game? Lmao.

Raiders stock up on WR, TE, running backs... Defense is worse than the Packers.

The Packers have a clear emphasis on defense right now.  They know it doesn’t matter how good your QB is if your defense is crap.  Rodgers might throw 60 touchdowns and 5 interceptions in the regular season with Oakland and get curb stomped in the postseason by the Chiefs or Bills.  

I dont think Rodgers is going anywhere before next offseason, but my starting point for Denver is:

Surtain, Juedy and 3 #1s.

Ideally, you want a AFC West Denver vs Las Vegas bidding war.   After Carr fails again,  Gruden will be all in on Rodgers or lose him to the dreaded Broncos.

The Perfect Storm.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

So when does the "his lady doesn't want to live in Green Bay" angle start to really keep this train a moving, lol.

Mentioned it once already.  Really can't see an actress from California wanting to live in GB.  I am sure this has something to do with it how much of a factor is anyone's guess.  Unless she is willing to give up everything to be with Aaron and hang in GB it's going to be a strain on a new marriage.

I mean we are dealing with human beings here.  Sounds like Aaron wants out and directed his agent to get that done.  Some of the comments coming out strongly suggest that.  First it's the contract.  So they try to address his concerns.  Nope.  Then if he doesn't get what he wants he'll retire.  Now if Gute isn't fired he's not coming back.  I mean common.

Aaron could never come out and say that either.  Has to protect his new wife.  We'd all hate her.  He is planning on settling down and starting a family.  If she doesn't want to be in GB yah it's not going to work.  His career is important sure but so is his new wife.  Oh well I am of the opinion this has a lot to do with it but we'll never really know.  

Edited by Scoremore

14 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This saga is just getting ridiculous at this point. Just saw a report that Rodgers is "intrigued" by the Raiders....the Raiders. So you want to leave the Packers who are knocking on the SB door to go play with one of worst ran franchises in the game? Lmao.

I live in Bronco country, and all I’ve been hearing this weekend - literally everywhere I go - is the Broncos will ship Bridgewater and a 2022 1st and 3rd for Rodgers.  In their minds, it’s the only explanation for why the Donkeys didn’t select a QB in this years draft.

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Raiders stock up on WR, TE, running backs... Defense is worse than the Packers.

The Packers have a clear emphasis on defense right now.  They know it doesn’t matter how good your QB is if your defense is crap.  Rodgers might throw 60 touchdowns and 5 interceptions in the regular season with Oakland and get curb stomped in the postseason by the Chiefs or Bills.  

Makes sense to me.  His woman wants to live in LA.  This comment will probably set off a firestorm hee hee hee...

Just now, Leader said:

Gute's not getting fired or demoted - nor should he be.

Hate when you guys take a slice of my posts and put them completely out of context.  Of course not.  This is his agent at work trying to get him out of GB.

4 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I live in Bronco country, and all I’ve been hearing this weekend - literally everywhere I go - is the Broncos will ship Bridgewater and a 2022 1st and 3rd for Rodgers.  In their minds, it’s the only explanation for why the Donkeys didn’t select a QB in this years I

If the Broncos are interested in Jordan Love, that trade would work.   For Rodgers, its laughable.

2 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Makes sense to me.  His woman wants to live in LA.  This comment will probably set off a firestorm hee hee hee...

Then this falls under the heading of "family planning" - if you intend on marrying a guy who's in contractual agreement to work in Wisconsin - perhaps (perhaps mind you......) you dont have a kid until he no longer works there.

Just a thought.....that COUNTLESS people are faced with every day.

You dont *plan* your wedding and family around "Well, he'll just bust his contract and move"

5 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Hate when you guys take a slice of my posts and put them completely out of context.  Of course not.  This is his agent at work trying to get him out of GB.

I wasnt responding to your comment completely. Only that aspect of it. So I didnt take the entirety of your thoughts out of context.

The "Rodgers wants Gute fired" part of this is the piece I can't buy into.  Rodgers has an ego to be sure, but he's not an idiot.  He would know that making a demand to fire Gute would make him look like a self-absorbed lunatic.  That goes completely against the image he has so carefully cultivated for years.  It makes no sense for Rodgers to make that demand, let alone leak it.

• Like 1