Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

16 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

Schefty did not report it first, it came out of Minnesota first from their play by play announcer Paul Allen, then Schefty who said he had been sitting on this for about a month reported it because it was all going to come out.

Paul Allen, while obviously a Viking homer, is a solid guy personally.  He said he had "impeccable sources" about the trade offer from the 49'ers.  Did not bring up the friction between the team and and Rodgers.  Then everyone else came out with the twist of Rodgers wants out of Green Bay.  I can tell you that Paul has good sources and ties with many people in the know and usually does not talk about the rumors he has heard.  But he said in this case he had "impreccable sources".

Most likely Dunn. 

1 hour ago, Donzo said:

OK, I guess, on the contract stuff. I was just pointing out all the wrong info about AR and how the Packers chose to not to defer his money to create cap space this year.

If you're talking about ARs firiend Favre, their situtions are/were completely different.

The only difference between the Favre and Rodgers situation is that Favre was seriously flirting with retirement.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

The only difference between the Favre and Rodgers situation is that Favre was seriously flirting with retirement.

I disagree.

Favre wanted out, then he didn't. Then he manipulated things to get traded.

AR always wanted to be a Packer. He just wanted the team to commit to him and to commit assets to winning now. The team didn't want that, so now AR wants out.

Goodnight Packer fans!

48 minutes ago, Donzo said:

If you want to get blitzed drunk, drink everytime an AR hater spews the hate.

No one hates AR because of this - we just hate the drama. That’s your problem, you’re so wrapped up in holding Aaron’s jock strap that you refuse to see any fault he may have in this and can only see the fault in the Packers organization. 

I’m going to assume that you weren’t around for the Favre drama or old enough to understand it, because if you were then you would have learned your lesson from it and applied it to this situation. If you haven’t done that then there’s literally no helping you.

You think anyone who has a different opinion than your own is automatically incapable of being wrong, has the Packers “glasses” on or is a Arod hater. Your posts are absolutely as ridiculous as your inability to even comprehend what other posters are actually saying here. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Donzo said:

I disagree.

Favre wanted out, then he didn't. Then he manipulated things to get traded.

AR always wanted to be a Packer. He just wanted the team to commit to him and to commit assets to winning now. The team didn't want that, so now AR wants out.

Goodnight Packer fans!

Green Bay have very much committed assets to winning now. Their spending this year borders on irresponsible with how much cap is kicked into future years.

He is 38 this season on a huge contract with three years to run. That is a pretty big commitment. Yes we can cut him next year but have to pay a lot to do. Realistically if he is still Rodgers he wouldn't be cut/traded next year.  If he declines noticeably then yes he would be off. Given his age, he can't expect to be unreleasable.

If the above is his argument he's being ridiculous. There's nothing else to say. No other player is given god like status with guaranteed contracts into their 40s. He needs to get over himself. As leader of the team what does it say about him if he is too precious to play without a 5 year contract guaranteed or something.

Like I said... call his bluff.

If he retires, given our cap is car crash next year, the money we can claim back is probably worth more than draft picks from a trade. I'd probably rather he retired than we trade him. If Love hits we will be fine. If he doesn't we will have lots of early picks anyway so who cares. 

• Like 1

I'll never be mad at an employee for wanting to be happy. I'll never get mad at an employer for trying to run a business the best they see fit. 

As a Rodgers fan I'm a little disappointed. As a Packers fan I'm a little disappointed. 

I get both sides. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

Green Bay have very much committed assets to winning now. Their spending this year borders on irresponsible with how much cap is kicked into future years.

Wow, what ridiculous nonsense that is. Just look at the comps... Comare what teams like the Bucs, Rams, 49ers and Chiefs did to win now, then compare that to the Packers.