Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

7 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'd ask for more than that ... (3) 1sts, (2) 2nd's and (2) quality young players. 

You probably could have gotten that return for 2011 Rodgers.  You're not getting that return for 2021 Rodgers.

• Like 3

What you want is a bidding war between division rivals Denver and LV.  You tell them the winner becomes an instant contender, the loser spends the next 5 years looking up at Rodgers and Mahomes in the Division.  Start the bidding boys.  Gruden will lose his mind.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You're welcome to take that stand.  But Denver (or another team) isn't going to completely gut their roster.

This is the basic issue in the NFL- star players are almost never traded because it's impossible to get fair value for them.  You only can ever "force" a trade by destroying your own value.

7 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Yah that's pretty pie in the sky.  Think a package similiar to what Det got is about what we should expect. Now that discord is public knowledge it drives down our potential return.  Time to trade him would have been well before the draft. 

That could be but probably not by too much hopefully.

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

This is the basic issue in the NFL- star players are almost never traded because it's impossible to get fair value for them.  You only can ever "force" a trade by destroying your own value.

And that's precisely what Rodgers is trying to do.  So if Rodgers is currently trying to force the issue, the Packers aren't going to get that kind of haul for him.  I think 2 FRPs and a young player is probably what they'd have to settle for.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

What you want is a bidding war between division rivals Denver and LV.  You tell them the winner becomes an instant contender, the loser spends the next 5 years looking up at Rodgers  Mahomes, and the upstart Herbert in the Division.  Start the bidding boys.  Gruden will lose his mind.

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I'm not sure there are any young players on the Raiders that I want, TBH.  That's been a rough drafting organization for a while.

Are you suggesting that drafting Ruggs at #12 overall was not smart?  How dare you!

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

The time to take the prospect of a Rodgers trade seriously is when GB grants Rodgers permission to go seek out a trade partner.

I think that's already been discussed.

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I'm not sure there are any young players on the Raiders that I want, TBH.  That's been a rough drafting organization for a while.

Miami, Denver, and Las Vegas are my 3 most likely trade destinations.

2 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I've got everyone on this forum on ignore except for @Norm. Needless to say, I have no idea what the eff is going on, but I am entertained.

This man is a genius

• Like 1