Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

RaidersAreOne

53 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Struggling to understand how it makes a lick of difference regardless of the tiny semantics we are arguing. Dude still has the best sources in the business. Dude is still reporting the issues. If anything this implies a WORSE situation between Aaron and GB because it didn't just come to a head, its been consistent all off-season. 

46 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Yeah Schefter did the same thing with Brady and the Pats last year basically using an accumulation of information to suggest Brady was likely gone. If this was a non story, the Packers and Rodgers would be calling this bs. They aren't. 

If you cannot understand the difference in reporting with a source on the day you break news, compared to reporting with an accumulation of information gathered over the months and making an educated guess over those months, then I don't really know what to tell you guys. 

The fact is, he contradicted himself, completely. This isn't me stating that Aaron Rodger's does want to be a Packer and that all of this is made up. I'm aware there is real stuff/drama going on in Green Bay.

However, this is me stating that when it's reported as breaking news from a source that day, it makes Packer fans/NFL Fans believe that it was Aaron Rodgers himself that was the "source". Then when you come back and state there actually wasn't a source that told you the information on that day, it now looks like some back pedaling followed by a hedge by the same source. In other words, it looks as though Aaron Rodgers utilized Schefter to force a trade and then when the Packers didn't trade him, it looks like he used Adam Schefter to save face, because what he said on the day of all this and what he's saying now and how this came about are two entirely different things. In other words? He's doing damage control right now. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, A_Biased_Fan said:

All I know is if there was truly nothing to this story Rodgers would quash it quick. Schefter is a tool, but there is a real rift here that may not be reconciled.

I agree with this. If Rodgers starts tweeting out rap lyrics, it becomes very real...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Struggling to understand how it makes a lick of difference regardless of the tiny semantics we are arguing. Dude still has the best sources in the business. Dude is still reporting the issues. If anything this implies a WORSE situation between Aaron and GB because it didn't just come to a head, its been consistent all off-season. 

I agree. Saying this is a nothing-burger because Schefter was shady or messed up is just wrong. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

I agree. Saying this is a nothing-burger because Schefter was shady or messed up is just wrong. 

Bingo. Where there's smoke, there's fire.

31 minutes ago, ET80 said:

This isn't one of those things.

Again, I believe he dissed Gute and being that he doesn't care, he won't quash it....Proof being, he still hasn't said any thing about it....What I find more disturbing is where are those on the team chiming in?...Adams is about the only one who has texted something....Perhaps the others simply could care less?....

58 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

If you cannot understand the difference in reporting with a source on the day you break news, compared to reporting with an accumulation of information gathered over the months and making an educated guess over those months, then I don't really know what to tell you guys. 

He isn't making an educated guess... he is reporting what his sources are saying about the situation. Not sure where you got that from. 

1 hour ago, Nick_gb said:

However, this is me stating that when it's reported as breaking news from a source that day, it makes Packer fans/NFL Fans believe that it was Aaron Rodgers himself that was the "source". Then when you come back and state there actually wasn't a source that told you the information on that day, it now looks like some back pedaling followed by a hedge by the same source. In other words, it looks as though Aaron Rodgers utilized Schefter to force a trade and then when the Packers didn't trade him, it looks like he used Adam Schefter to save face, because what he said on the day of all this and what he's saying now and how this came about are two entirely different things. In other words? He's doing damage control right now. 

This is a lot of conjecture on your part. 

9 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Again, I believe he dissed Gute and being that he doesn't care, he won't quash it....Proof being, he still hasn't said any thing about it....What I find more disturbing is where are those on the team chiming in?...Adams is about the only one who has texted something....Perhaps the others simply could care less?....

It still doesn't make this something unquashable. Rodgers could loathe Gute and still say "I want to play in Green Bay, I love me teammates, fans the city of Green Bay..."

There is a lot he could be saying to diffuse the situation... and he's saying none of it. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

He isn't making an educated guess... he is reporting what his sources are saying about the situation. Not sure where you got that from. 

This is a lot of conjecture on your part. 

lol I can't with you. You're literally impossible. You're the type of poster who feels their statement is always correct, so much so that you go as far as to say "Adam Schefter isn't ESPN he isn't a multimedia sports reporting outlet" to try and argue your point. I mean, correct he isn't that but what he is, is a hired NFL Insider FOR ESPN and is also the one that broke this news. 

As for the "This is a lot of conjecture on your part" -- It's really not, it's called analyzing the situation at hand, determining who has the most to gain out of this being leaked when it was and attempting to identify a source from there. What we call that, is being a fan. If you can't understand that well then .. I'm not surprised considering you don't believe stating you were told by a source on the day you broke the information versus no source and just an accumulation of information over the months are contradicting statements. 

Edited by Nick_gb

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It still doesn't make this something unquashable. Rodgers could loathe Gute and still say "I want to play in Green Bay, I love me teammates, fans the city of Green Bay..."

There is a lot he could be saying to diffuse the situation... and he's saying none of it. 

Pretty much this, if Aaron Rodgers TRULY wanted this dead in the water, he would come out and speak on it. The fact that he hasn't, is far more telling then any of the news medias that are breaking these "leaks" or "stories" 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Jimmy G took the Niners to the Super Bowl in 2019. If you asked anyone before this season if the Niners would be willing to trade three first round picks for the third QB selected in the draft, they would have all said absolutely not. The NFL changes.... fast.

People love to live in hindsight. If Rodgers had continued to decline and Love was ready to play, the Packers would have looked like geniuses. Hell the Packers still are committed to Rodgers for three more years! That is almost all of Love's rookie contract, and guess how old he is going to be when that contract ends... Not every QB is Tom Brady, and Rodgers game does not translate as well as Brady's if his strengths decline.

Green Bay has a philosophy on how to build their team, and I respect them for sticking to that regardless of what fans think. After dealing with a primadonna QB in Philly this offseason, I have zero sympathy for QBs who are going to make themselves bigger than the team, and I have a feeling a lot of players in that locker room probably feel similar.

Jimmy G also has had one healthy season so to me throwing in this idea that the league moves fast and thats why they gave up 3 1st rd picks is silly. Its because they knew that Jimmy G was holding this team back by not staying healthy and it was a huge gamble to let him stay there as the qb with no plan in sight with the idea he makes it through 17 games which he has only shown 1 time in his career with a team that was just in the superbowl. They now have a guy they can count on when Jimmy G goes down in October to fill in and start his career. You want to say that Rodgers worse season was in 2019 where he threw for 4500 yards and took them to the NFCCG then sign me up for that qb every time. You have him on a 3 year deal with security of only 1 year which is why he is pissed as he not only took you to the NFCCG before the 2020 draft but also took you to the NFCCG after you drafted Love and they are still not willing to rework his deal to keep him secure for the next 3 years. 

Would Rodgers be a primmadonna if the Packers didnt draft a qb in the 1st rd and stuck with him since he just took them to a NFCCG at 13-3 with those top 10 stats or would he be at home not dropping the I want out thing on draft day? You cant justify that GB philosophy is the best way to go Love was not the best player available when they traded up in the post-cba agreement which Rodgers fell to the Packers pre-cba era and didnt expect a guy who was basically being discussed as the best qb in the draft and it was down to him and alex smith to go #1, for him to then fall to the 20s that was a gift that packers didnt expect and went with it.  Where love was known to be a project and still raw not even being mentioned as a top qb in the draft class so while it can be viewed as the same situation how it played out it is completely different on so many levels.

You have more info on the eagles then I do but the way I see things from an outside perspective, Wentz may or may not be a primma donna but he wasnt the issue with that organization its the GM that is the issue. Praise him for putting together a superbowl but the fact he was the one hiring and firing coaches and controlling what the HC can and cannot do is bigger then wentz being upset for being benched. A big power struggle was won by the GM and got his puppet of a HC and the qb that he can control as of right now. We will see how it works but the power struggles between players, HC, and GMs never end well and the fanbases are the ones who have to pay for it.

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

And the silence is deafening....