Day 2 NFL Draft Discussion

zelbell

For tonight, this is how I would like to see it..

Trade-Up (early 2nd) or if one of these falls to 59:

-  JOK, Elijah Moore, Levi O, Nick Bolton,  Asante Samuel Jr, Christian Barmore, Jevon Holland, Jabril Cox

For 89+91: 

-  Joseph Assai, Pete Werner, Rondale Moore, Alim McNeill, Ifeatu Melifonwu, Dayo Odeyingbo, Osa Odighizuwa

If we come away with three of those guys tonight, I'll be psyched. 

Edited by carl_sjunior

3 minutes ago, carl_sjunior said:

For tonight, this is how I would like to see it..

Trade-Up (early 2nd)

Who are the top guys you'd use a third to trade up for?

or if one of these falls to 59:

-  JOK, Elijah Moore, Levi O, Nick Bolton,  Asante Samuel Jr, Christian Barmore, Jevon Holland, Jabril Cox

I could see one of those guys making it, most likely one of the bolded.

For 89+91: 

-  Joseph Assai, Pete Werner, Rondale Moore, Alim McNeill, Ifeatu Melifonwu, Dayo Odeyingbo, Osa Odighizuwa

Other than bolded, I'd say there is zero chance any if those guys are there is zero chance any those guys make it.

If we come away with three of those guys tonight, I'll be psyched. 

If we somehow got three of those dudes, yeah that would be good.

Draft bpa with a mind toward the future.  Starting in 2022 we are going to see a mass exodus of talent and players and we won’t have the cap to replace them in FA.  We are going to need guys drafted last year, this year, and next year to be ready to step up in a major way.

52 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Draft bpa with a mind toward the future.  Starting in 2022 we are going to see a mass exodus of talent and players and we won’t have the cap to replace them in FA.  We are going to need guys drafted last year, this year, and next year to be ready to step up in a major way.

go look at KC and tell me how the salary cap has restricted them this offseason...the salary cap isnt a boogie man that we have to fear. just need to be smart

37 minutes ago, buno67 said:

go look at KC and tell me how the salary cap has restricted them this offseason...the salary cap isnt a boogie man that we have to fear. just need to be smart

They literally lost both starting tackles this year.  They have replaced one of them by trading a round 1 pick for a cheap but stellar LT nearing the end of his rookie deal.  Yes, the salary cap is real.  It is not a red haring.

Go look at the saints at the start of the off season and get back to me.  Look at the Rams.  The salary cap and their situation is what allowed us to hit a home run at S and CB in free agency.

Edited by DizzyDean
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

welp after that interview this is officially a Nick Bolton stan account.

He was the first guy like 2-3 months ago that stood out to me watching videos and highlights and Im going to stick with it.

I want him or Ossai as far as actual crushes go. 

Just now, carl_sjunior said:

I want him or Ossai as far as actual crushes go. 

Hes probably not a great coverage guy but he is a hard hitting missile on early downs. He reminds me of the typical BAL/PIT linebacker they draft every year that the Browns always pass on because they dont believe LBs are important.