2021 Draft Thread - Day #2 Talk

RaidersAreOne

I love how nooooo one pre Draft would have had Koonze in their mock before the 6th round all Of a sudden like the pick.  Over Elijah Molden?  Wyatt Davis?  jabril Cox?  Come on..... horrible pick no need to act like It was good.

the deablo pick Was pretty solid though.  He could be our cam Chancellor or play OLB.... solid pick.  Kinda admits Muse isn’t good though.

• Like 2

Just now, roi34 said:

Deablo pick to cover TEs I like. adds speed to LB. don't love koonce

I would have preferred Rumph, but I like Koonce. this is what the media is saying 

Malcolm Koonce EDGE, BUFF

Height: 6-3, Weight: 250

Super-bendy, Gumby-like rusher with long arms. Great combination to win around the corner. Just needs to get a little stronger at the NFL level. Good burst. Raiders continue to build the defense. (Chris Trapasso)

B+

Pre-Draft Analysis

Koonce is quick with good bend, average length and good closing burst rushing the passer. He flashes an effective inside move and shows the ability to shoot his hands inside and stack blockers. But he's light and he plays high, so he gets moved at times. -- Steve Muench

LV
Round 3 • Pick 16 (79)
SEE ALL

Koonce is a developmental prospect with intriguing traits. He will step in and compete for time as a rotational player.

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

I love how nooooo one pre Draft would have had Koonze in their mock before the 6th round all Of a sudden like the pick.  Over Elijah Molden?  Wyatt Davis?  jabril Cox?  Come on..... horrible pick no need to act like It was good.

the deablo pick Was pretty solid though.  He could be our cam Chancellor or play OLB.... solid pick.  Kinda admits Muse isn’t good though.

It's direction.  Maybe he pans out, maybe nothing.  But at least we're making an attempt.  These picks could be a LOT worse.