2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

Mini mock incoming...

#22, #92, #132 to LA Chargers for #17, #236, #260 (952 vs 951.8)

Chargers gave up their SRP to get Khalil Mack, so they'll probably looking to rebuild their draft capital.  They've got a ton of 6th and 7th round picks, so it seems likely that they'll consolidate late picks to get earlier picks.  After this deal, they'll have #22, #79, #92, #123, and #140 in the first four rounds.

#22 - George Karlaftis [EDGE; Purdue]

#28, #140, #171 to Seattle for #41, #72 (720 vs 720)

Prior to the Russell Wilson trade, the Seahawks lacked a FRP.  But now they have two FRPs with this trade, and could end up moving back up the board using their SRPs.  I think the Packers would love to be able to turn their FRP (plus one of their SRPs) into two early SRPs, but that doesn't seem likely.  Green Bay and Seattle have history of trading together.

#41 - George Pickens [WR; Georgia]
#53 - Jalen Pitre [S/CB; Baylor]
#59 - Tyler Smith [OG/OT; Tulsa]

+ #72, #236, #249, #258, #260

That leaves them without picks in the fourth and fifth round, although that could be remedied by trading down from #72.

28 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Mini mock incoming...

Chargers gave up their SRP to get Khalil Mack, so they'll probably looking to rebuild their draft capital.  They've got a ton of 6th and 7th round picks, so it seems likely that they'll consolidate late picks to get earlier picks.  After this deal, they'll have #22, #79, #92, #123, and #140 in the first four rounds.

#17 - George Karlaftis [EDGE; Purdue]

Prior to the Russell Wilson trade, the Seahawks lacked a FRP.  But now they have two FRPs with this trade, and could end up moving back up the board using their SRPs.  I think the Packers would love to be able to turn their FRP (plus one of their SRPs) into two early SRPs, but that doesn't seem likely.  Green Bay and Seattle have history of trading together.

That leaves them without picks in the fourth and fifth round, although that could be remedied by trading down from #72.

FIFY

10 hours ago, Green19 said:

I have to say I’m pretty blown away that Gb is bringing in guys they likely have high on their board at WR for visits (Burks and Pickens). Not normally their MO.

Wonder if it’s because they are considering just going rookies at WR and not bringing in a veteran (outside maybe a Fuller after the draft). So they want/need to get it right.

Either that are they are checking that ACL.

I could be misrembering but hasn't this actually shifted some under Gutey?

From Packerswire regarding Alec Pierce:

He was named the MVP of the West Suburban Conference Silver Division for his efforts.

I was unaware of this nugget.   I never got my trading cards for the West Suburban Conference Silver Division that year so I feel a little shamed for not knowing this.  I mean if this doesn't cement Alec Pierce at the top of draft boards i just don't know what more he could have accomplished.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

From Packerswire regarding Alec Pierce:

He was named the MVP of the West Suburban Conference Silver Division for his efforts.

I was unaware of this nugget.   I never got my trading cards for the West Suburban Conference Silver Division that year so I feel a little shamed for not knowing this.  I mean if this doesn't cement Alec Pierce at the top of draft boards i just don't know what more he could have accomplished.

When he gets in the NFL instead of saying his school during intros, he should use that.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Derek Stingley Jr. had a great pro day. I still think he's CB #1 in this draft. Kid is going to be dynamite in the NFL. 

Top CB prospect Derek Stingley Jr. impresses during LSU pro day (nfl.com)

If you get freshman Stingley, for sure. If you get junior Stingley, you're going to wish you picked someone else.

That one you need your DC and DB coach on board with.

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Mini mock incoming...

We give up #22, 92, and 132 for #17 and some UDFAs? And then draft Karlaftis at #17? 

No thanks. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

I could be misrembering but hasn't this actually shifted some under Gutey?

RT outlined this… it’s very much the MO for late/UDFAs. They have signed a lot of guys that came for a visits etc. But 1st and like 2nd rounders? They typically don’t, heck they really don’t even bring in a lot of them if memory services me well here.

They mainly use the visits for red flags (medical or character), and targeting UDFA types to “recruit” them. Hey if you’re there late we will take you, but if you go undrafted sign here because this is our plan… here is our coach… etc.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Mini mock incoming...

What is SRP?

20 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If you get freshman Stingley, for sure. If you get junior Stingley, you're going to wish you picked someone else.

That one you need your DC and DB coach on board with.

Junior Stingley was banged up. I'll take my chance because the talent gap between him and Gardner is pretty vast. His ability to flip his hips in his back pedal is rare talent. The tape of him covering Jefferson and Chase in practices is pretty impressive. 

Gardner is good, but not on his talent level. 

I think the same can be said about Thibodeaux as far as pure talent goes for EDGE rushers too. It should be interesting.

• Like 1

If anyone is looking to follow someone who breaks down film for prospects, I've found Matt Alkire's stuff to be pretty good. No bias attached good or bad, just film breakdown. No real idea who he is or his background, but seems to have a pretty good following. Here is some of his stuff today about Paschal: 

• Like 2