2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

3 minutes ago, TheEagle said:

Karlaftis was much better against Iowa than Ohio State. Showed bend, power, and hands. Has the ability to hold the edge. Now, I'm interested in watching more of him.

Jonathan Taylor was pretty bad against Ohio State, and he's having a pretty damn good career so far in the NFL.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Well Bruss is a Guard and the other two are Tackles who may move inside. 

All three played at least some OT in college, but may have to kick inside to OG. If I remember correctly, Walker is the one who can't handle speed. I don't know how he holds up at OT in the NFL. Burford was actually decent against Illinois (one of the bigger schools UTSA played) and then was awful in the other games I watched, and he was not good at the Senior Bowl.

2 minutes ago, TheEagle said:

All three played at least some OT in college, but may have to kick inside to OG. If I remember correctly, Walker is the one who can't handle speed. I don't know how he holds up at OT in the NFL. Burford was actually decent against Illinois (one of the bigger schools UTSA played) and then was awful in the other games I watched, and he was not good at the Senior Bowl.

No, Bruss is a pure OG in the NFL. He won't play OT. Nobody even bothered to try Van Lanen at OT. 

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

No, Bruss is a pure OG in the NFL. He won't play OT. Nobody even bothered to try Van Lanen at OT. 

I didn't say he was going to play OT in the NFL. He's just listed at OT in the list above because that's the position almost every draft site has him at.

Edited by TheEagle

Trey McBride, seems like a monster. Love the fact that he owns his school's records for most career points in basketball and most home runs and RBI in baseball. Multi sports athletes I find always do better at the position or sport they choose. They are just that naturally gifted. 

He also got big mits 10 1/8”

My two draft crushes Pickens and McBride. Get them I don't care who else we get!!!!

Edited by Brit Pack
  • Like 1

On 4/6/2022 at 1:15 AM, Brit Pack said:

Always enjoy watching Greg Cosell. He is high on Dotson, as well as Austin III. Not so high on Olave or Watson, compares Watson to MVS. Really likes Burks. Prefers Pickens over London and likes Pierce a lot too.

Thanks for this. That was a really enlightening discussion of some of the WR prospects. He name dropped Pickens and Pierce. Interesting there's no mention of Jameson Williams (that I recall).

Someone tweeted a few days ago saying that the scouts opinion of WRs is very different to the media/draft community opinion and that some players will actually get drafted much later than we think. (Unfortunately I can't find the tweet)

I wonder if Jameson Williams is that polarising guy that splits the scouts vs media opinions. There was his interview just a few days ago where his dreads essentially covered his eyes and one of the dreads was dangling directly in his mouth whilst he was talking and he made no attempt to move his hair out of the way. I'm like....dude....I wonder if he has an immaturity/anxiety/IQ issue.

EDIT: Found the video:

Edited by Chili

1 hour ago, Chili said:

I wonder if Jameson Williams is that polarising guy that splits the scouts vs media opinions. There was his interview just a few days ago where his dreads essentially covered his eyes and one of the dreads was dangling directly in his mouth whilst he was talking and he made no attempt to move his hair out of the way. I'm like....dude....I wonder if he has an immaturity/anxiety/IQ issue.

EDIT: Found the video:

I have no idea what Williams is like off the field, but its important to note that that Packer WR room is pretty empty.  Leadership in that room is going to be important going forward.  Cobb becomes an invaluable member of that room.  While Cobb isn't the player he once was, his example and leadership is huge.  Again, I have no idea how great the leadership traits are in most of these candidates, but I think it's important to explore that quality when your starting from scratch in the WR room.  Once Cobb goes, you need someone to step into that role. 

Edited by NFLGURU

59 minutes ago, Chili said:

3goufgjfgzr71.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

JaMarr-Chase.jpg

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

If he clears our medicals, I'd be all for a trade up to secure Williams.  But he's gotta be healthy enough to practice, in camp, to get up to speed for the season.  

How much can they determine 3 months after an ACL? I don't know my self. Just asking. 

1 minute ago, Brat&Beer said:

How much can they determine 3 months after an ACL? I don't know my self. Just asking. 

I wish I knew which kind of ACL procedure these guys are getting.  This latest bridge ACL surgery is supposed to cut recovery in half as compared to the standard procedures out there.