2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

I really see there will be a run on OTs early with the elite going within the top 10: Neal, Ekwonu, Cross and Penning. There will then be a run on CBs the top tier going within the top 15: Stingley, Gardner, McDuffie, Booth and then a run on WRs with the 'big 5 going from 15 to 25. The next run on WRs I see happening from pick 28 to 39, I expect the second tier of guys like Pickens, Watson, Pierce, Dotson to go within that range. With the cost of WRs now and the lack of quality FAs I could really see this second tier of WRs getting 'over drafted.' A lot of WR needy teams picking from 28 to 39: Packers, Chiefs (x2), Lions (x2), Jets (x2), Texans and Bears

If we all want to be honest, probably the "home run" draft for Gutey (when looking at prospect athletic profiles and age) would be something like this:

22. Karlaftis

28. Dax Hill 

Round 2: package 53 and 92 to move up into 30s: draft Pickens 

59: Either DL like Logan Hall or OL like Sean Rhyan 

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Who handles the medical finance portion of this when a player gets hurt during a tryout. 

The Packers/NFL?

His school?

On his own?

No idea. Crappy break for the guy.

13 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

If we all want to be honest, probably the "home run" draft for Gutey (when looking at prospect athletic profiles and age) would be something like this:

22. Karlaftis

28. Dax Hill 

Gary-Karlaftis-Clark-Smith

Campbell

Alexander-Sullivan-Savage-Amos-Hill-Douglas

is a pretty impressive dime package. Not sure how much Hill helps the nickel this year though. 

12 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Campbell

is a pretty impressive dime package. Not sure how much Hill helps the nickel this year though. 

We have Sullivan?     oh jeez!  We both brainfarted Stokes.  hahahaha!

Hill helps the 3 safety nickel look.  I don't know exactly if we use him in direct coverage or playing deep.  Probably whichever he is better at, let Savage and Amos take the more difficult assignments.  From the little that I have watched Hill, he reminds me of Damarious Randall in college, which makes me think that he would be capable as either CB or S.

54 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

22. Karlaftis

28. Dax Hill 

The obvious problem here is that the internet breaks if GB goes defense with both RD1 picks.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

The obvious problem here is that the internet breaks if GB goes defense with both RD1 picks.

I'd be fine as long as they move back up. Don't think any of the top 7-8 WRs are making it to 53. Think you'll see that first run in the 15-23 area, then again between 30-40.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Campbell

No Stokes??

Just for fun, as a hypothetical question, for pick #28 of the first round, aside from WRs, what are players at other positions you might like and which the most? (You only get to pick one):

S: Daxton Hill? Lewis Cine? Jalon Pitre? Or?

DL Devonte Wyatt? Travis Jones? Logan Hall?  Or?

Edge: David Ojabo? Boye Mafe? Arnold Ebiketie? Or?

OL: Zion Johnson? Kenyon Green? Tyler Smith? Or?

---------

Note: I guess for myself at pick#28, I'm torn between S Daxton Hill and DL Travis Jones.

4 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Who handles the medical finance portion of this when a player gets hurt during a tryout. 

The Packers/NFL?

His school?

On his own?

Likely himself… some players get insurance for stuff like this. As a   Day 3 guy I doubt he has it