2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I have no desire for Lucas.

Lucas is one of the few OT's that checks all the physical boxes historically the Packers look for, now is his age a stopper in the 2nd round. 53 might be just a touch early also. Stenavich stated in his press conference that the Packers needed to add a tackle or two to the OL room. Do you see many options for the Packers at OT in the draft?    

41 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Now this is a mock I can get behind. 

If we got three of those 4 I could care less about Lucas being an old man. Finally something by an "expert" that doesn't make me gag.

I knew NDSU ran the ball ~700 times and threw it ~260 times last year, but Andy Herman on Cheesehead TV had an interesting stat about Watson's production on his podcast this morning. Christian Watson and Jameson Williams ran almost the exact same number of routes in their college career--which is crazy. Watson had about 10 more receptions, 200+ more yards, and a higher yards/reception. I know Williams was playing FBS and Watson was playing FCS, but it kind of spells out just how run heavy NDSU was and explains the "lack of production".

12 minutes ago, TheEagle said:

I knew NDSU ran the ball ~700 times and threw it ~260 times last year, but Andy Herman on Cheesehead TV had an interesting stat about Watson's production on his podcast this morning. Christian Watson and Jameson Williams ran almost the exact same number of routes in their college career--which is crazy. Watson had about 10 more receptions, 200+ more yards, and a higher yards/reception. I know Williams was playing FBS and Watson was playing FCS, but it kind of spells out just how run heavy NDSU was and explains the "lack of production".

It's the 16 career drops on 120 catchable targets, as well as the fact that he faced almost no contested catches at NDSU, and when he did, he didn't convert them, he's got one of the worst contested catch rates per PFF.

Watson could be the best WR in the draft, or he could be out of the league in 3 years. He's going top 50, so it's going to take guts and faith in your system to draft him. 

6 hours ago, ajdodge09 said:

How would you guys feel about Dotson at 28? I know he doesn't have the ceiling of a Watson or Pickens but he's fairly polished and I feel like he could come in and make an immediate impact. 

I like it! The guy always produced.

Showed up big in big games. Loves football. All the WRs have a hole in their game, but Dotson has a toughness about him and great hands. He will be where he needs to be and ARodg will love that.

3 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

I like it! The guy always produced.

Showed up big in big games. Loves football. All the WRs have a hole in their game, but Dotson has a toughness about him and great hands. He will be where he needs to be and ARodg will love that.

Pickens. Think Pickens at 28...if not before :)

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

1.22 - George Karlaftis | EDGE | Purdue or George Pickens | WR | Georgia
1.28 - George Pickens | WR | Georgia or Cam Thomas | EDGE | San Diego State
2.52 - Logan Hall | DL | Houston
2.59 - Alec Pierce | WR | Cincinnati

And I'll need a new pair of shorts come Friday evening.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

1.22 - George Karlaftis | EDGE | Purdue or George Pickens | WR | Georgia
1.28 - George Pickens | WR | Georgia or Cam Thomas | EDGE | San Diego State
2.52 - Logan Hall | DL | Houston
2.59 - Alec Pierce | WR | Cincinnati

And I'll need a new pair of shorts come Friday evening.

👍

You pull this off.......you can pick the pants and get them shipped over to you. I couldnt tell you squat about Hall....but I tend to doubt Pierce is gonna last that long - but who am I to question the guy that nailed the drafting of Love.....and the subsequent MVP awards it would bring AR :) 

1 minute ago, Leader said:

👍

You pull this off.......you can pick the pants and get them shipped over to you. I couldnt tell you squat about Hall....but I tend to doubt Pierce is gonna last that long - but who am I to question the guy that nailed the drafting of Love.....and the subsequent MVP awards it would bring AR :) 

It's tough, I think we'll end up having to trade up into the 40s for Pierce and then use 59 on a IDL/OT. So flip Hall and Pierce, the more I think about it.

Basically, treat it as pick #1, pick #2, pick #3, and so on, rather than the actual draft pick placement.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

It's tough, I think we'll end up having to trade up into the 40s for Pierce and then use 59 on a IDL/OT. So flip Hall and Pierce, the more I think about it.

Basically, treat it as pick #1, pick #2, pick #3, and so on, rather than the actual draft pick placement.

IF - and there's a great big "Who the **** knows whats gonna happen" to all of this.....but IF....we could come away with Pickens and Pierce???????????????????????//

Ha!

*******A I'd be one happy dude :)
Hence.........................................it's not gonna happen....and life will go on. 

44 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

Signing Watkins changes nothing about how we poster WR.  Absolutely need two WRs in the first four picks.  If we went WR both first rounders, wouldnt flinch.

This is where I'm at. I'm fine with two right away, no joke. But I think we have to go two in the first 4. Maybe we won't but still have a nice looking four picks but it's still what I prefer. **** it. 

And I never want a first round WR (until we're on the clock and there's a guy I think is a stud there and I turn into an idiot)