2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

6 hours ago, beekay414 said:

He's flashed superstar upside since his freshman year. I want him bad. A chance to land a superstar without having to invest a high pick to do so. He's more talented than Justin Jefferson and I was one of JJ's biggest supporters here (even though I pushed for Love). Pickens is special. 

Good to see the Pickens love here. I like the fact he is more of a bully for his team than a diva for himself. I'd be actually excited to nab him at #28. 

10 hours ago, Leader said:
I'I

If we have a chance at Olave and Dotson, I'd have to think long and hard which one to take. I seem to have a little more love for Dotson than some. I don't see Devonte Wyatt or Stingley falling that far but you never know, someone falls every year that you just don't see. 

4 minutes ago, Skippy said:

If we have a chance at Olave and Dotson, I'd have to think long and hard which one to take. I seem to have a little more love for Dotson than some. I don't see Devonte Wyatt or Stingley falling that far but you never know, someone falls every year that you just don't see. 

OMG I love Dean, I think he'd be the finishing piece on giving us a top five defense, ten for sure. Although I'd still love one pass rusher and a wr in the first. I'd be ok with a safety and yes excited for Dean as the only guy outside those three positions. 

4 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Wan'Dale Robinson anybody? Can someone give some input on this guy that's seen much of him. I totally missed on watching much of him. 

Think if a young Cobb lacked strength and nasty. Predominantly a slot guy with some gadget role potential. 

I suspect he'll hang around in the league as a productive but always underwhelming slot guy, but he doesn't really fit this scheme. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

This statement, while not untrue, can be misleading. You have to be so careful with language here. For example, there is a huge difference between the statements "this is a bad pick" and "I don't like this particular pick", but people typing an opinion here can easily use one phrase, when they mean the other.

Also, some posters can read 'don't like' and react to it as though it said 'bad pick', when it doesn't. 

It doesn't mean a poster is displaying extreme arrogance, even if they use the term 'bad pick'. More likely, they are guilty of nothing more than being a bit imprecise in their language.

This is a site for opinions. Everyone has them, and they can differ hugely. If we always deferred to the professionals there would be no opinions on this site. Each of us has to judge what they read for themselves and the professionals are not automatically right. Better informed, yes, but they make mistakes too, plenty of them, so they are not infallible and opinions that question their decisions are not invalidated by being made with less information.

Words that are used matter.

The Packers are going to take Christian Watson .. probably in round one.  He fits about everything they want physically and athletically.  It's going to take that guy a while to hone his craft, but in the meantime they can use him on kick returns, a gadget role, and as a deep threat on the outside.

Any chance we can pry away Michael Thomas from the Saints for a 3rd this year and a 2nd next year? Definitely not going to give away Davante draft capital, but still......the only downside I could see here is #12 locking in on Thomas the way he did Tae. That is the one thing I definitely want gone out of the Packer offense for next year. I want a set of weapons that makes Rodgers scan the field for the open guy and not lock in on one player so we do not stunt the offense in the playoffs again. I think a combo of Watkins, Lazzard, Cobb, DP and Tonyan would make him scan the field- but that group does not scream SB to me. I think if you add a Thomas and #12 not locking onto anyone, Packers can start reclaiming the Lombardi to its rightful owners. 

7 minutes ago, PackFan4Life said:

Any chance we can pry away Michael Thomas from the Saints for a 3rd this year and a 2nd next year? Definitely not going to give away Davante draft capital, but still......the only downside I could see here is #12 locking in on Thomas the way he did Tae. That is the one thing I definitely want gone out of the Packer offense for next year. I want a set of weapons that makes Rodgers scan the field for the open guy and not lock in on one player so we do not stunt the offense in the playoffs again. I think a combo of Watkins, Lazzard, Cobb, DP and Tonyan would make him scan the field- but that group does not scream SB to me. I think if you add a Thomas and #12 not locking onto anyone, Packers can start reclaiming the Lombardi to its rightful owners. 

I doubt it with the dead cap they'd eat. Plus with his injuries that's not really a good investment imo.

You don't need elite WR, you need a bunch of solid options to stretch the defense. 

22 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

The Packers are going to take Christian Watson .. probably in round one.  He fits about everything they want physically and athletically.  It's going to take that guy a while to hone his craft, but in the meantime they can use him on kick returns, a gadget role, and as a deep threat on the outside.

If you're going to over reach for a WR in round 1, at least take Pierce. He's better than Watson and will be in the NFL as well. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

If you're going to over reach for a WR in round 1, at least take Pierce. 

I suspect this could happen at #28. More likely though, I see a trade that gets them an earlier pick in the 2nd to nab Pierce. But Pierce at 28 would not shock me at all.

3 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I hear you there. "I was right" posts are usually irritating, even if they were right.

Makes you want to pat them on the back hard enough to make them cough and then say "Oh sorry, did something go down the wrong way ?"

The flip side is also true.  A poster can say why they don't like the pick, get hammered on this forum for their opinion only to be proven more right about the pick than the team was.  Expecting the person to stay quiet about it after being abused for their opinion is asking a lot.

This is a site for Packer fans, and so often people WANT the pick to turn out and defend to the nth degree what should have been open to real question.   The 2015 draft is a good example.  The Packers got very little out of that draft, yet people who criticized it got hammered.

It's forum mentality.   Same thing happened on Bears forums when a subset of their fans criticized giving up the farm for Mack when the rest of the team wasn't good enough for that move to make sense.  They got abused on the forum even though they were dead right.