2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

15 hours ago, craig said:

Your fundamental point that it will be existing personnel that dominates the targets is sound; with the implication that posters being prioritized on WR/TE draft picks are perhaps naive.  

The recent history of notable drafted WRs in GB says otherwise.

Jones(80/47), Nelson(54/33), Cobb(31/25), Adams(66/38) even MVS(73/38) were well-targeted as rookies. All of them, especially Cobb, were drafted into more talented WR rooms than GBs current group.

Despite the Watkins acquisition, GB will almost certainly be making a significant add at WR. He'll land in a situation which couldn't be more ripe for immediate contribution. He likely jump right near the top of the target list. Someone like Burks or Pickens gets (75/55) and probably ends up the nominal WR1. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, R T said:

Jordan Davis might not go in the 1st round, can't spend high draft capital on a part time run stopper only.  

You kidding me? That kid screams Ravens. They love big run plugs. If he get's past MN he's a Raven.

10 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

Big run two down plugs have a tendency of falling 

Typically, but I believe some teams have fell in love with his size and 40 time and will  grab him earlier. If he was Lancaster slow I would agree with you.

Edited by St Vince

8 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Typically, but I believe some teams have fell in love with his size and 40 time and will  grab him earlier. If he was Lancaster slow I would agree with you.

40 time is a useless stat for a nose tackle, he won't run 40 yards on a single play in his professional career.  

6 hours ago, R T said:

Jordan Davis might not go in the 1st round, can't spend high draft capital on a part time run stopper only.  

He's going in the first round.  There's enough Planet Theory guys in the NFL right now that he'll go in the first round somewhere.

32 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

Big run two down plugs have a tendency of falling 

When did a big guy that moved this well fall down the board?  He's not falling.  I think he's going higher then I think you're expecting.

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He's going in the first round.  There's enough Planet Theory guys in the NFL right now that he'll go in the first round somewhere.

So much of it depends on if a team thinks he can be a 3 down player and be part of the pass rush. He is not Vita Via, but if some team sees him as a potential Dexter Lawrence type, he has a chance to go in the second half of round one. If not, what really separates him from other run plug only, day 3 Planet types like Slaton from last year. This time last year Barmore was seen as a 1st round lock by most and being mocked in the teens often and he had some pass rush to him. 

2 minutes ago, R T said:

This time last year Barmore was seen as a 1st round lock by most and being mocked in the teens often and he had some pass rush to him. 

You have a different memory of how Barnore was being talked about last year than I do.  The way I remember it, most in here thought spending GB's RD1 on him would be a reach.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

You have a different memory of how Barnore was being talked about last year than I do.  The way I remember it, most in here thought spending GB's RD1 on him would be a reach.

It wasn't hard to confirm my memory as correct. Those thread are locked now but go back to last year's draft threads and type Barmore in the search. Barmore was very much a player on many peoples crush list here and the talk was mostly that the Packers would get a shot at him without trading up.