2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

22 minutes ago, R T said:

1/4 as explosive you say, numbers tell a different story.  

Explosion numbers.

Vertical - Davis 32", Slaton 29", Jones 28.5"

Broad jump - Davis 10.03, Jones 9.02, Slaton 9.01

10-yard split - Davis 1.63, Slaton 1.68, Jones 1.78

Davis 6'6"/341, Slaton 6'4"/330, Jones 6'4"/325 

Did not mean to include Jones in that. Just Davis.

1 hour ago, James Lofton said:

If we could stop the run, we would be a dominate defense.

Packers would be a dominant defense. Dominate = a verb

And I agree with your sentiment about fortifying the DL, it would really take this defense up a notch
The question is who and how. Does GB spend a high pick on a 3-tech with pass rush skills ? ( Yes)

DL coach Montgomery says he favors an EDGE that can kick inside on the pressure package...which is fine.
But doesn't that mean replacing the 3 tech ? Or are they splitting the 3-tech snaps among several players ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

This is an entirely different thought than that Davis won't go in the first round. 

Just addressing someone else's comment but is typical of how comments get twisted very quickly in a forum. My original comment was ''Jordan Davis might not go in the 1st round", that was all. I didn't claim he was a bad player or wasn't gifted, just believe that there are things that may cause him to slip in the draft that some people may be ignoring. Hardly a hill I'm going to die on though.   

58 minutes ago, R T said:

Just don't think the difference between Davis and Slaton justifies 1st round draft capital spent by the Packers on him. Run plugs can be gotten on day 3 of the draft in any year. 

Agree, the guy is a load but you don't want to spend a first on a 1 or 2 down player who you have to manage his stamina.  

19 minutes ago, R T said:

You are correct, Slaton being 0.10 of a second quicker in the 10-yard split then Jones suggests he is more explosive than Jones is. So much for being a 1/4 of as explosive. 

I don't really care about Jones. The conversation was about Davis. 

11 minutes ago, R T said:

Just addressing someone else's comment but is typical of how comments get twisted very quickly in a forum. My original comment was ''Jordan Davis might not go in the 1st round", that was all. I didn't claim he was a bad player or wasn't gifted, just believe that there are things that may cause him to slip in the draft that some people may be ignoring. Hardly a hill I'm going to die on though.   

I didn't claim that you claimed he was a bad player or wasn't gifted. 

I think those numbers absolutely decorate why Davis is a special talent. If he's there at 22 he's a no-brainer.  Id just be reluctant to the idea of giving up a second or third rounder in this draft to move up to get anyone.

• Like 1

Cameron Thomas szn. 

Also, I realize Gary wasn't a big time performer in college, but if Travon Walker goes top 5 like most think is going to be the case, he has to be the worst producing pass rusher to ever go that high. His numbers and win rates were straight abysmal at GA. 

5 hours ago, Les Punting said:

He had 7 sacks in 40 games, all of 2 last year, in 14 games, as a senior, playing on a top defense. 

Sacks are an awful way to evaluate pass rush ability for any position, let alone IDL.

• Like 2

Just now, R T said:

Let's not count on this though haha.

Truth be told I've been so stuck on the first couple tiers of guys I never bothered to look for your late pick sleeper guys which used to be my obsession. 

The only one I ever heard about was some guy from Idaho (State? I think)...

Trying to get spring cleaning started but might take a break with that for a bit.

• Like 1