2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

I always wonder on a guy like Georgia WR, George Pickens, if the Packers are interested, would they sit down with Eric Stokes who played against him in practice every day and ask him about Pickens, or Jordan Davis, or Wyatt?

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 1

Question: Given the buzz around his potential, how high do you think P Matt Araiza is gonna go? I would love to have him if he's there, say no earlier than pick 171, but I have nightmares from Mike Sherman trading up to take bust B.J. Sander in the third round.

6 minutes ago, DWhitehurst said:

Question: Given the buzz around his potential, how high do you think P Matt Araiza is gonna go? I would love to have him if he's there, say no earlier than pick 171, but I have nightmares from Mike Sherman trading up to take bust B.J. Sander in the third round.

We have a punter that our ST coach picked out himself. We aren't going to draft one. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

I always wonder on a guy like Georgia WR, George Pickens, if the Packers are interested, would they sit down with Eric Stokes who played against him in practice every day and ask him about Pickens, or Jordan Davis, or Wyatt?

You would hope so.

Then again, was Pickens healthy enough to practice much against Stokes?

I just googled Pickens college stats.  Came away thinking he's a sleeper first round pick.  

60.58 yards per game played as a freshman.

64.13 yards per game played as a sophomore.

Injuries took away his last year, junior year.  But his arc was going up.

Add in the size/speed/level of competition, and....

6'3'' 200 pounds.  4.47 40.  33 vertical.  125 broad jump. 

Love him in the second round, somewhere.  Also, not going to be mad if we reach in the first.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We have a punter that our ST coach picked out himself. We aren't going to draft one. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but only about this statement.  Isn't he supposed to be a good holder, too?

19 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but only about this statement.  Isn't he supposed to be a good holder, too?

He is living in Crosby’s basement… so I’m sure they are working daily on laces out.

38 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

You would hope so.

I just googled Pickens college stats.  Came away thinking he's a sleeper first round pick.  

Love him in the second round, somewhere.  Also, not going to be mad if we reach in the first.

Don't forget about his great hands!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

You would hope so.

Pickens is probably the player I want us to grab the most. He is extremely underrated in the draft because he is coming back from ACL. Prior to his injury he looked like one of the best WR in college football and I believe he would be in the discussion to be the first WR drafted if not for the injury. He reminds me of AJ Green, another Georgia Bulldog. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DWhitehurst said:

Aside from signing O'Donnell, I feel like the Sherman move was bad on 2 levels - he traded UP to draft a punter, and he talked himself into trading up for a MEDIOCRE punter. 

Obviously JK Scott didn't work out here, but it was tough to dispute that he was a GREAT college punter. Sander was a JAG in college, a pro prospect but not a draftable one. 

Araiza has a lost a little bit of shine since he doesn't really work on hang time or directional punting, he just cranks it as deep as he can; most NFL ST coaches don't like that. 

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Graham Barfield -   What the Packers should do: Sell the farm for Deebo
What they will actually do: Draft a tackle at 22, a CB at 29 and make Randall Cobb WR1.

:)

So GB at least traded down to draft the corner…

• Like 2