2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

7 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Yea, if the Packers really want one of those 9 guys, they may have to take one either at 22 or 28. I could see those "2nd round" guys all going in the first 10 picks...basically like 2020 when guys like Higgins, Pittman, etc. flew off the board in the early 2nd. 

If the Packers really like an EDGE at 22 (i.e. Jermaine Johnson, Karlaftis, etc.) I could see them pounce and then make sure they land one of the remaining WRs at 28. 

That's kinda what I'm thinking.  Find the EDGE at 22 and then make a small move up the board to grab their WR.  Think their natural FRP (#28) plus their 3rd round pick gets them into that 21-24 range.

46 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That's still unheard of.  25% of the draft going WR seems highly unlikely.  Pierce is R2 prospect.  Maybe he sneaks late Day 1, but I think he's going off the board in that 35-50 range pretty easily.  He was a R3/R4 guy pre-Combine.

Interesting thought on Pierce, I've been thinking pick 53 would be a good spot for him for a while now. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That's kinda what I'm thinking.  Find the EDGE at 22 and then make a small move up the board to grab their WR.  Think their natural FRP (#28) plus their 3rd round pick gets them into that 21-24 range.

Makes a lot of sense.  Probably why the Packers will go in a completely different direction.  Love talking draft but man trying to predict what the Packers are going to do is nearly impossible.  About all I can say is what position groups we won't take in the 1st.  CB, TE, QB, and RB.  I do know Gute will make it a priority to get Aaron some weapons.  So he may have to  manipulate the board to get that done.  Pretty confident we will take at least 1 WR with the first 4 picks. 

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I take that back.  Assuming you clear the medicals, Drake London is WR1.  WR2 is Wilson, Olave, and Burks.

Sell me on him then.  I took a second look tonight, and I see Lazard with a little better balance and a little better after the catch, but not the blocker.  I don't think that is a guy that I would be excited to take in the first round.  

10 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I think Wilson and London and maybe Williams are gone by 22. Olave could go before that too. 

Figure the guys that will be on GB's board through Round 2 will be:

1st:  

1. Wilson
  2. London (depending on medicals)
  3. Williams (depending on medicals)
  4. Olave
  5. Burks
  6. Pickens (depending on medicals)

2nd: 

1. Metchie (depending on medicals)
  2. Dotson
  3. Watson 

Why do you think Williams goes before Olave? He couldn't beat him out at OSU and he's coming off an ACL? Not being snarky but is he as good a route runner as Olave? I know blocking isn't his thing because he's so slight of frame. 

It will be interesting to see how this plays out come draft day. Don't sleep on Skyy Moore from Western Michigan, Greg Jennings alma mater. Steve Smith raved about his skills at the combine, and he sort of knows a bit about playing WR. Love to get this kid in round 2. 

Another kid I wouldn't mind in round 4 or 5 is Jalen Nailor from Michigan State. He's a baller. Not the fastest (4.50) but he nailed all the other athletic parts of the drills and he makes plays. 

Edited by Old Guy

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Why do you think Williams goes before Olave? He couldn't beat him out at OSU and he's coming off an ACL? Not being snarky but is he nearly as good a route runner as Olave? I know blocking isn't his thing because he's so slight of frame. 

It will be interesting to see how this plays out come draft day. Don't sleep on Skyy Moore from Western Michigan. Greg Jennings alma mater. Steve Smith raved about his skills at the combine and he sort of knows a bit around playing WR. 

Another kid I wouldn't mind in round 4 or 5 is Jalen Nailor from Michigan State. He's a baller. Not the fastest (4.50) but he nailed all the other athletic parts of the drills and he makes plays. 

Williams is more dynamic than Olave so even with the ACL I could see a team pounce before 20. 

Moore likely won't be on GB's board due to his size. 

I like Nailor, but as a Day 3 option.

6 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Sell me on him then.  I took a second look tonight, and I see Lazard with a little better balance and a little better after the catch, but not the blocker.  I don't think that is a guy that I would be excited to take in the first round.  

For London, it all comes down to how he runs. Not sure if he's running at USC's Pro Day on the 23rd. 

I get the same vibes you're talking about though.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Williams is more dynamic than Olave so even with the ACL I could see a team pounce before 20. 

Moore likely won't be on GB's board due to his size. 

I like Nailor, but as a Day 3 option.

He's as tall as Dotson only 17 lbs. heavier with better athletic traits. Taller than Rodgers and same height as Cobb only a much better athlete than both. You may be right, but this kid is going to be a player. Day 1 in camp, he's our best slot receiver. 

As for Williams I don't know enough about him overall to dispute anything you are saying. Given Rodgers is year to year at this point, I'd think Olave would make more sense. FYI, he's not much bigger than Skyy Moore either! 😉

15 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Why do you think Williams goes before Olave? He couldn't beat him out at OSU and he's coming off an ACL? Not being snarky but is he as good a route runner as Olave? I know blocking isn't his thing because he's so slight of frame. 

It will be interesting to see how this plays out come draft day. Don't sleep on Skyy Moore from Western Michigan, Greg Jennings alma mater. Steve Smith raved about his skills at the combine, and he sort of knows a bit about playing WR. Love to get this kid in round 2. 

Wilson had more catches and more yards than Olave last year, and is a year younger. 

Edited by AlexGreen#20