2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

7 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Jermaine Johnson is only 14 months younger than Rashan Gary.  He may be too old for a Gute first round pick.  Those R-Seniors and the covid rules have this as an overall older draft class. Mafe is another R-Senior.  I like them both, but.....I'd pump the brakes a little because they've only had one year of productivity.

I'm still waiting for Reynolds to hit for us as an EDGE from FSU...

You don't select anyone over an EDGE with the double first and last initial.  Unless it is Jermaine Johnson Jr. 

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Alright, I think I found my draft crush: George Pickens

Alright....let me ask this question.......
How many of your draft crushes have we actually snagged?
The only other one I know of is Simmons....and that didnt pan out.
Reason I mention it....perhaps we have a greater chance of snagging the guy if you dont designate him your draft crush. Food for thought :)

3 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

I can't be the only one who thinks we should be broadening our search to pass catchers in general instead of just focusing on wide receivers can I? The TE room seems just as bare to me if not moreso than the WR room. 

Problem is Rodgers doesn't like to throw often to that area of the field so the value isn't there for me. Much better to wait until 3rd/4th round before drafting a TE. In the meantime focus on drafting the best WRs in the early rounds.

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Alright....let me ask this question.......
How many of your draft crushes have we actually snagged?
The only other one I know of is Simmons....and that didnt pan out.
Reason I mention it....perhaps we have a greater chance of snagging the guy if you dont designate him your draft crush. Food for thought :)

I really liked the following guys we've drafted (guys that were at the top of my list pre-draft):

BJ Raji, Morgan Burnett, Randall Cobb, Nick Perry, Eddie Lacy

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I really liked the following guys we've drafted (guys that were at the top of my list pre-draft):

BJ Raji, Morgan Burnett, Randall Cobb, Nick Perry, Eddie Lacy

These were all designated draft crushes? If so, you're killing it.

3 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

I'd love Jermaine Johnson and Olave in round 1. I don't think the Packers have ever drafted someone I wanted though so that means they're out.

This would be a home run, but picks 22 and 28 likely are going to be too late for that combo. Think you'd need something closer to 12 and 22. 

20 minutes ago, Leader said:

These were all designated draft crushes? If so, you're killing it.

These were guys I liked a lot that we actually took. There are plenty of guys I liked that we didn't take that sucked. But we haven't taken anyone I liked that has sucked.

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

These were guys I liked a lot that we actually took. There are plenty of guys I liked that we didn't take that sucked. But we haven't taken anyone I liked that has sucked.

Agree, but you swung the door open for the peanut gallery there. 

On 3/20/2022 at 12:45 PM, CWood21 said:

Wide Receivers

1st Round Grade
1.) Drake London [WR; USC] (INJ)
2.) Treylon Burks [WR; Arkansas]
3.) Jameson Williams [WR; Alabama] (INJ)
4.) Chris Olave [WR; Ohio State]
5.) Garrett Wilson [WR; Ohio State]

2nd Round Grade
6.) George Pickens [WR; Georgia] (INJ)
7.) John Metchie II [WR; Alabama] (INJ)
8.) Jahan Dotson [WR; Penn State]

Pretty good, but Metchie is too low. I've got him WR5, late 1st, behind, Williams, London, Burks and Pickens. He's quite a bit better route runner than Wilson, comparable to Olave, with more moxie, and is more physical in his routes than either. Hard to see how the OSU guys, especially Wilson, rank ahead of Metchie.   

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I'm still waiting for Reynolds to hit for us as an EDGE from FSU...

You don't select anyone over an EDGE with the double first and last initial.  Unless it is Jermaine Johnson Jr. 

In all my years of following the draft, illiteration has never been one of the things I pondered.🤪

• Like 1

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I really liked HaHa.  Did he suck, or not?  Like, that is honest, I really don't know.

I also really liked EQ.  I think before that it was Randall Cobb and Eddie Lacy.  I'm not sure that any other picks have been "my guys" that the Packers have taken.

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I really liked HaHa.  Did he suck, or not?  Like, that is honest, I really don't know.

I also really liked EQ.  I think before that it was Randall Cobb and Eddie Lacy.  I'm not sure that any other picks have been "my guys" that the Packers have taken.

Yea, HaHa might be the last 1st round pick I was really psyched about when it happened. I was a huge Greg Jennings fan too, having grown up in the town next door.