2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

1 hour ago, R T said:

Guessing they are ready to move on from Sullivan. He was a useful player and the kind that is continually needed to fill out a roster, but as the now 6th? DB his price point probably isn't of interest anymore to GB. The Packers may already have someone in house that they feel can replace him in dime situations with Jean-Charles, Ento or Gaines. Or as to stated a DB that is too good to pass up in the draft may end up being the answer.   

This assumes that they want to use one of Jaire, Stokes, or Rasul to play the slot corner.  I'd guess Rasul?  I wonder if he'll do as well playing Sullivan's responsibilities, or if they'll just change the responsibilities to better suit what he can do well?  

*IF* they were to hypothetically re-sign Sullivan, I think it would mean his price-point ended up pretty cheap (which I expect is probable), cheap enough so that it's not excessive for a 6th DB.  Plus I think 6th DB is pretty important, worth either some salary or a variably high draft pick.   *IF* you hypothetically have a good one, you might play a bunch of dime.  And most seasons your #6 is playing 900 snaps because #6 will be #5 or #4 most of the season, once the first inevitable injury arises.   

Edited by craig

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I could see something like...

22/28. Daxton Hill | CB/S | Michigan
22/28. Tyler Smith | OT | Tulsa
53. Sam Williams | EDGE | Ole Miss
59. Alec Pierce | WR | Cincinnati
92. Jeremy Ruckert | TE | Ohio State or Charlie Kolar | TE | Iowa State

EDIT - Thought more about it. Ross probably doesn't fit due to health concerns and not being a great athlete. Maybe Romeo Doubs there, if he runs well.

Help me out here.  Daxton Hill.  I don't doubt the player's ability at all.  (From the like 3 minute highlight reel I saw)

How or where does he play in GB?  We have our three starting corners.  Savage and Amos are not leaving the field.  Only so many snaps for a third safety.  Can he play a "Will" position in a dime or something like that?

That's my only issue, where or how does he play?  Don't give me the "slot" answer.  We didn't draft Stokes, or re-sign Douglas to sit.  And JA is gonna be here long term.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Help me out here.  Daxton Hill.  I don't doubt the player's ability at all.  (From the like 3 minute highlight reel I saw)

How or where does he play in GB?  We have our three starting corners.  Savage and Amos are not leaving the field.  Only so many snaps for a third safety.  Can he play a "Will" position in a dime or something like that?

That's my only issue, where or how does he play?  Don't give me the "slot" answer.  We didn't draft Stokes, or re-sign Douglas to sit.  And JA is gonna be here long term.

He'll play. We'll find a way to get him on the field, whether it's as a 3rd safety, Sullivan's slot, etc. That pick wasn't made with just 2022 in mind. He's Savage's replacement. Plus, injuries happen. The last thing I'm worried about, IRT Hill, is where he'll be on the field in 2022.

You can never have too many good DBs.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Yah wouldn't exactly say likely.  He'll draft WR's no doubt we just don't know where.  Quite possible he has some guys he really likes that are not on our radar.  We are kinda desperate here.  We'll be grabbing at least one in the first two rounds. 

Would love to land either Dotson or Olave.  Playmakers that can create space.  Get the prototypical MLF guy to round it out.  Pickens or Pierce types. 

Dotson has a RAS of 6.02.   Never say never, but we can probably put of fork in him.  

3 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Dotson has a RAS of 6.02.   Never say never, but we can probably put of fork in him.  

They did draft Amari Rodgers with an RAS of 5.37. As you said, never say never, but maybe there's some kind of intangible that would lead to them pulling the trigger.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He'll play. We'll find a way to get him on the field, whether it's as a 3rd safety, Sullivan's slot, etc. That pick wasn't made with just 2022 in mind. He's Savage's replacement. Plus, injuries happen. The last thing I'm worried about, IRT Hill, is where he'll be on the field in 2022.

You can never have too many good DBs.

Agree.  If you look at snap-counts over a few years, there are routinely well over 1000 that are played by DBs who were NOT the intended Day-1 starting five.  

Play some dime.  Play some of Sullivan's role.  Play whenever any of Jaire, Stokes, Rasul, Savage, or Amos miss some snaps.  And then do we expect those guys to all extend at team-friendly deals in years future?  

Besides, how many snaps were we expecting a #28 pick to play anyway?  Many of our first-round picks haven't been start-day-one-and-play-every-snap guys anyway.  (Stokes, Gary, Love...  Going back 10 years, Bulaga, Sherrod, Datone.  Not even Matthews and Raji started right out on opening day....

I'm no scout, so have no idea.  But *IF* Gute loves the player, I see no reason to avoid spending a high pick on a quality DB.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Striker said:

They did draft Amari Rodgers with an RAS of 5.37. As you said, never say never, but maybe there's some kind of intangible that would lead to them pulling the trigger.

As I stated in another thread Amari is a 3rd rounder. Not a 1st.

as you get further in the draft you take more risks because players aren’t perfect. You go for the crazy athletes (Ala Janis types) and hope they turn into football players, or you go for football players that aren’t athletes but are try hards and hope they hit (New England does this a lot… getting team captains, that are smart, etc)

In the first you ideally want both. You want to get top end talent, that is a try hard football player.

Ben Fennell -  None of the teams clearly needing long term solutions at QB are in 'panic mode'

Saints - Winston
Falcons - Mariota
Seahawks - Lock
Lions - Goff
Panthers - Darnold
Steelers - Trubisky

Makes predicting the Draft, 1st Round, QB landing spots very very tricky this cycle.

5 minutes ago, craig said:

I'm no scout, so have no idea.  But *IF* Gute loves the player, I see no reason to avoid spending a high pick on a quality DB.  

So long as you've already secured your top end WR Ha!  :)

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Ben Fennell -  None of the teams clearly needing long term solutions at QB are in 'panic mode'

Saints - Winston
Falcons - Mariota
Seahawks - Lock
Lions - Goff
Panthers - Darnold
Steelers - Trubisky

Makes predicting the Draft, 1st Round, QB landing spots very very tricky this cycle.

I'd be in panic mode if I was a GM and these players were my #1 QB.

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'd be in panic mode if I was a GM and these players were my #1 QB.

The market's not done in terms of player movement. Word is PIT would be interested in Baker - should CLE pick up some of his salary. So...there's moves (and the draft) to come. Plus these guy's could just be place holders till next year's draft. I suspect the QB class will probably be stronger than this years. 

Edited by Leader