2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

1 hour ago, craig said:

It would be funny if they actually spent the two Vegas picks on two WR, at least one pretty physical, and at least one with excellent deep-speed.  It would also be funny if Gute's talking up using draft ammo to make a difference in replacing Adams, and MLF about the need for some stretch-the-top speed, as a tricksy fake.  Gute doesn't even want the WR at 28, but somebody else trades up in front of him to take one, and to push the guy he really wants at a different position back to him?  Or maybe one of the name WR gets to him at 28..., but he pulls a Watt and trades back to draft a King CB?  

But yeah, his and MLF's comments are kind of straightforward in recognizing the obvious, that they need WR and have draft picks to get.  

It would be so great if they bypassed WR in the 1st round, this board would lose their minds in the time between round 1 and round 2. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

So, trade what you got for the best WR in football to acquire the 15 - 18th best WR in football. This is what losing organizations do. 

One of the things Gute said in his presser yesterday was you can't pay everyone. Translation, we're not paying a WR that kind of money. 

I pray we don't do something as stupid as give Seattle anywhere close to a first-round pick for Metcalf, or Lockett. Draft a guy in round 2 and get a guy after June 1st cuts. 

Metcalf is worth a late 1st round pick, but I don't think the Packers want to pay top dollar to a WR.  The Packers do want to compete this year, and DK is cheap for this season and as good or better than anyone else they could acquire.   They probably will something similar to what you say, but Metcalf is a potential game breaker this year for GB if they go that route.

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

IF we trade a first and second to move up and get a WR, I'll scream. I have a feeling this is going to be a trade down type of draft. The 20ish players that are really difference makers are going to be gone. Then the next tier or 20 or 30 guys who have talent but aren't quite ready will be sitting there. I'd like to score 4 of those guys with trade downs if possible. Those 30 guys will probably last the next 40 picks. 

If we trade up it better be for Jordan Davis only!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, St Vince said:

If we trade up it better be for Jordan Davis only!

The guy who can only play two plays and he has to come out of the game? He's a heck of an athlete, but his conditioning is a real concern. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm warming up to a DK Metcalf deal ... I'd part with a couple draft picks for him given his age and the fact that he has proven he can play the game at a high level.  He's a freak athlete for sure .. pretty much a can't miss.  Not sure which picks I'd give up .. maybe a 1&3, or the (2) #2's?  Draft picks are so speculative.  Sometimes you think you are getting a sure thing and they wind up as a super bust.  We'd probably only get Metcalf cheaply for one year, but if things worked out he'd definitely be worth inking long term.  

And a contract? Eff that. 

Edited by Arthur Penske

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

So, trade what you got for the best WR in football to acquire the 15 - 18th best WR in football. This is what losing organizations do. 

One of the things Gute said in his presser yesterday was you can't pay everyone. Translation, we're not paying a WR that kind of money. 

I pray we don't do something as stupid as give Seattle anywhere close to a first-round pick for Metcalf, or Lockett. Draft a guy in round 2 and get a guy after June 1st cuts. 

Huh? He offered a WR that kind of money according to mutliple reports.

Mock Draft on ESPN TV.

22 - Jahan Dotson WR
28 - Zion Johnson G

I didnt see it all - so not sure of all the picks ahead of ours - but Olave went to WA.
Jameson was on the board......KC snagged him after we took Johnson - but the chatter is that KC is likely to move up to snag the WR they want.

1 hour ago, R T said:

It would be so great if they bypassed WR in the 1st round, this board would lose their minds in the time between round 1 and round 2. 

I wouldn't, but I'd place a SWAT team outside of Rodgers house after the round.

1 hour ago, R T said:

I'd be fine with it. Continue building a nasty defense. Grab a receiver in the 2nd

Does LaFleur wanted to start to use FB ala the 49ers? Because the kid out of Purdue just tested with crazy numbers.

Im sure Deguara is meant to be that role… but maybe a 4th or 5th on the guy if they want a more run heavy looking offense with flexibility in the weapons.

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

I think GB takes a WR round one… but it will be Alec Pierce and everyone will be upset because Olave and Burks or whoever will still be on the board.

I hope whichever WR that we draft turns out to be an excellent player but I’ll be pissed if we take Pierce over Olave.  We don’t need another Turdburger over McLaurin debacle on our hands.