Bears cut Leno

beardown3231

4 minutes ago, soulman said:

Not a big fan of Wilkinson at all.  Denver would have kept him to backup Ja'Wuan James if he was any good.  Now James is out with an Achilles and they're taking a look at Massie as a starting RT.  Guess we'll see what Castillo can do with him.

I think as a #4 OT he is about as good as you are getting in the NFL right now...just isn't many 6-6" 330lbs OTs around.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

For me when all is said and done if we keep 8 OL there is only one spot truly up for grabs...

Jenkins...Ifedi...Borom...Wilkinson

Whitehair...Daniels

Mustipher

That leaves Bars and Hambright to fight it out for the other spot as mainly a guard...if Hambright can also show an ability to play tackle he could be the pick for that last spot.

I mean, Bars has played LT and RT in preseason and didn't he play a little RT during the season? i think hambright would be easier to get to the PS than Bars if it came down to it. Plus didn't Bars play C in one game? versitility to play 5 positions if called upon is huge for a back up guy

18 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

I mean, Bars has played LT and RT in preseason and didn't he play a little RT during the season? i think hambright would be easier to get to the PS than Bars if it came down to it. Plus didn't Bars play C in one game? versitility to play 5 positions if called upon is huge for a back up guy

Yeah, I see no way Hambright beats out Bars for a roster spot unless Hambright has an impressive camp. Bars was solid down the stretch last year. 

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I think as a #4 OT he is about as good as you are getting in the NFL right now...just isn't many 6-6" 330lbs OTs around.

He's a big boy with a weakness as a pass blocker.  Not exactly a graceful ballet dancer sort.  More like concrete boots.....LOL.

7 hours ago, soulman said:

He's a big boy with a weakness as a pass blocker.  Not exactly a graceful ballet dancer sort.  More like concrete boots.....LOL.

I reckon that might be what we want 😂 I expect a ton of short set pass pro this season.

11 hours ago, soulman said:

Then teach him to snap and let those concrete boots work for you. Fields can step into passes all day. lol

Bobby Massie sign here in Denver for $4 mil.  Won out over 3 others.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/bobby_massie_broncos_agree_to_one_year_4m_deal/s1_14819_34889774?utm_source=mb&utm_medium=email&mb_edition=20210513&mb_loc=right_h

Whether it’s Drew Lock, Teddy Bridgewater or Aaron Rodgers at quarterback, the James injury prompted the Broncos to bring in four tackles — Massie, Dennis Kelly, Jermaine Eluemunor and Cameron Fleming — for auditions. The Broncos also checked in on Leno, but he preferred to stay at left tackle and will do so in Washington. Denver added 2019 UDFA tackle Ryan Pope this week as well.

Edited by soulman

19 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Do we get a salary cap offset for his WFT salary?

I do not think so. I think the guaranteed money was mostly gone from his deal.

Good for him.

I cannot muster much of a damn about him or Massie signing like some on Twitter. They just aren't good enough.