2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

Surprise surprise …. @NYRaiderpoints out an outlier, one off example, etc and portrays it as a common occurrence.

JJ was a freak situation.  Chase and Terrence Marshall were on that team too and the coaches pushed JJ into the slot to both help the team and get him the ball as much as possible.

Jefferson and Burks are very very different players.  Burks isn’t a slot only WR by any means but he’s significantly better there then outside. He’s a good WR prospect don’t get me wrong but he’s far, far from what I think we need in a WR1.

Burks lined up all over and can play anywhere IMO. he can play outside and has good pull away speed, pretty good quickness for man his size for YAC. Burks and williams are exactly the type we need. We need some dogs

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Media guy making a sad attempt at bailing out fellow media guy lol. 

Mayock had plenty of pull. We all know this.

💯💯💯 

imagine leatherwood reading all this lol dude dam near singlehandedly cost people their jobs 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

As dysfunctional as we are at times, I think it’s more likely Gruden decided to shore up the OL in round 1…. He went to Cable as asked for his list…. Cable spoke to the scouts and then went back and gave Gruden the list. 

All of this is likely true except Cable speaking to scouts. There is no way any scout worth his salt said Leatherwood is a 1st round caliber player. 

7 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Surprise surprise …. @NYRaiderpoints out an outlier, one off example, etc and portrays it as a common occurrence.

JJ was a freak situation.  Chase and Terrence Marshall were on that team too and the coaches pushed JJ into the slot to both help the team and get him the ball as much as possible.

Jefferson and Burks are very very different players.  Burks isn’t a slot only WR by any means but he’s significantly better there then outside. He’s a good WR prospect don’t get me wrong but he’s far, far from what I think we need in a WR1.

I never said it was a common occurrence but JJ was knocked for being only a "slot" guy and then thrived when he got to the NFL. I think that Burks has shades of AJ Brown and Deebo to his game.