2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

4 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

A DT pass rushing is different then a DE, if he collapse the pocket and doesn't give the QB anywhere to step up he won. I really like having 2 big DTs. It'll stop a lot of the RPOs and make it difficult to double the DEs

Agreed. Fans think if a DT isn't Aaron Donald or Chris Jones now days they are not worth having. It's maddening. 

Crosby and Yannik would be 10+ sack performers with a mountain like Davis eating up blockers.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Agreed. Fans think if a DT isn't Aaron Donald or Chris Jones now days they are not worth having. It's maddening. 

Crosby and Yannik would be 10+ sack performers with a mountain like Davis eating up blockers.

I like the idea of Davis in the 1st.  I would not grab him much earlier then 22 but where we are it would be fine.  If he can play like Lawrence or better then sign me up.  I still want a good 3T.  I will settle for Wyatt in the 2nd.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I like the idea of Davis in the 1st.  I would not grab him much earlier then 22 but where we are it would be fine.  If he can play like Lawrence or better then sign me up.  I still want a good 3T.  I will settle for Wyatt in the 2nd.

Wyatt has top 15 talent. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

A nose tackle with pass rush ability is a premium in the NFL

Do you guys like Drake London? Might be my favorite WR's in the draft. And should be available at our pick. I do think this WR class is pretty weak overall though. Not sure I'd have a single guy in the Top 15. 

Amazing EDGE/CB/LB class though IMO. For CB's in our range I like Booth Jr. from Clemson. 

If we go the DT route, I do like Wyatt as well. Lots and lots of potential there and should climb boards. Glad people see Davis isn't really worth a 1st. I'll never understand 1st Round Primary Run Stuffer selections. 

As for LB's... I love both Dean and Lloyd. Dean will be longggg gone though. Lloyd could be available at our pick and I would love that. Utah just keeps churning out defensive gamers.

TL;DR:

Some prospects to target at our pick:

WR Drake London

CB Andrew Booth Jr.

DT Devonte Wyatt

LB Devin Lloyd

And do I dare: (yes because I don't care what anyone thinks)

QB Malik Willis

This could always be a Jordan Love style pick where he can sit on the bench 3 seasons. Or you start Carr or a journeyman for one season. Unless your name is Tom Brady, QB's on Rookie Contracts win Super Bowl Championships. I think we will see it with the Bengals this Sunday as well. Willis has all the tools you could possibly want, you're just gambling hardcore if you can develop him. Either huge bust (I mean, pick #22 is never a "huge bust") or a star Top 5-8 QB. Not much middle ground for Willis to be honest. 

Would anyone take Ridder if he's sitting there in the 2nd (or a few pick trade up)? Ridder on a school like Alabama, Georgia, or Oklahoma probably is the top QB pick in the draft. Definitely holds a lot of value in the 2nd Round. Very efficient QB in college, while still maintaining a high YPA. And no where near as raw as Willis. 

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Do you guys like Drake London? Might be my favorite WR's in the draft. And should be available at our pick. I do think this WR class is pretty weak overall though. Not sure I'd have a single guy in the Top 15. 

Amazing EDGE/CB/LB class though IMO. For CB's in our range I like Booth Jr. from Clemson. 

If we go the DT route, I do like Wyatt as well. Lots and lots of potential there and should climb boards. Glad people see Davis isn't really worth a 1st. I'll never understand 1st Round Primary Run Stuffer selections. 

As for LB's... I love both Dean and Lloyd. Dean will be longggg gone though. Lloyd could be available at our pick and I would love that. Utah just keeps churning out defensive gamers.

TL;DR:

WR Drake London

CB Andrew Booth Jr.

DT Devonte Wyatt

LB Devin Lloyd

QB Malik Willis

This could always be a Jordan Love style pick where he can sit on the bench 3 seasons. Or you start Carr or a journeyman for one season. Unless your name is Tom Brady, QB's on Rookie Contracts win Super Bowl Championships. I think we will see it with the Bengals this Sunday as well. Willis has all the tools you could possibly want, you're just gambling hardcore if you can develop him. Either huge bust (I mean, pick #22 is never a "huge bust") or a star Top 5-8 QB. Not much middle ground for Willis to be honest. 

London was never that fast and then hurt his knee so I would need to see him run under 4.5

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Would anyone take Ridder if he's sitting there in the 2nd (or a few pick trade up)? Ridder on a school like Alabama, Georgia, or Oklahoma probably is the top QB pick in the draft. Definitely holds a lot of value in the 2nd Round. Very efficient QB in college, while still maintaining a high YPA. And no where near as raw as Willis. 

A different team doesn't help Ridder's accuracy problems. He's nowhere near as raw as Willis (not sure anyone ever has been that's considered a first round pick) but he's still very raw.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

15 hours ago, BayRaider said:

TL;DR:

WR Drake London

CB Andrew Booth Jr.

DT Devonte Wyatt

LB Devin Lloyd

QB Malik Willis

I'm good off Devin Lloyd. tired of drafting 24 year rookies, then acting all surprised when they have a low ceiling. that's why you can't just go based of college tape. you have project how a 20/21 might grow, hell they aint even in their man body yet. Obviously you dont draft a scrub but you can't just go based on what someone did in college.