2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

8 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I also would really like to see Koonce get rushed as standup LB, specifically aligned wide.  He’s so freggin bendy. He really impressed me in his limited action.  We shoulda got him on the field more.  I can understand waiting like we did but he earned more snaps and we could have used him

One thing I did notice with him, and I'm not sure if it's because he came from Buffalo and maybe modelled some of his game on Mack but a few times last year he did that one arm jab to the OL that Mack used to do and change from looking like he's bending the edge to just driving the unsuspecting OL back and getting under his centre of gravity. I loved watching Mack do that and it surprised me the power Koonce had when he switched, he definitely has a high ceiling, is very fluid and bendy as a pass rusher and I'm keen to see more of him this year. 

I also agree with the thoughts on the new Graham defence in relation to the Bradley defence. I think the Bradley D must have been easy to pick up and play fast being relatively simple and not really evolving and so allowed a quick uptick in performance but the upside with Graham is higher it appears though it may take more learning and may have a few teething issues until it beds in.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’ll be in Vegas for a graduation and was gonna go to the draft, but probably not now. 

But hey… I’ll rock Vegas in my Adams jersey 😎

I'm already booked for Vegas and was disappointed we'll not pick until the 3rd but whatever. Still going to be awesome

9 hours ago, Darbsk said:

One thing I did notice with him, and I'm not sure if it's because he came from Buffalo and maybe modelled some of his game on Mack but a few times last year he did that one arm jab to the OL that Mack used to do and change from looking like he's bending the edge to just driving the unsuspecting OL back and getting under his centre of gravity. I loved watching Mack do that and it surprised me the power Koonce had when he switched, he definitely has a high ceiling, is very fluid and bendy as a pass rusher and I'm keen to see more of him this year. 

I also agree with the thoughts on the new Graham defence in relation to the Bradley defence. I think the Bradley D must have been easy to pick up and play fast being relatively simple and not really evolving and so allowed a quick uptick in performance but the upside with Graham is higher it appears though it may take more learning and may have a few teething issues until it beds in.

But in a 3-4 he's a rush LB and I think he'll excel at it.

2 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

But in a 3-4 he's a rush LB and I think he'll excel at it.

Agreed. Koonce is an ideal fit as a 3-4 EDGE. He made ZERO sense as a 4-3 DE, which is why the pick last year was such a head scratcher. But as a 3-4 EDGE he has loads of potential.