2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I think the most likely scenario is that we pick up his option and then draft a RB in the middle rounds next year to be his backup and eventual replacement. 

I see that too. We could keep cycling RBs every 4-5, keep them while they are underpaid and fresh legs. 

8 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I honestly feel we should let Jacobs go. The guy's production is easily replicable and for a much cheaper price. I'm going to be looking at mid-round RB prospects bc I'd prefer we go there or OL but more the latter. Plug and play RBs are relatively easy to find so we could always do that next draft

I agree with this. With the money we are likely gonna invested in Adams, Carr possibly even Waller & RT I’d look to get cheaper at RB. Jacobs with his contract is probably best being traded now while he still has some value. As you say RB is easier to pick up a plug and play type. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dessie said:

I agree with this. With the money we are likely gonna invested in Adams, Carr possibly even Waller & RT I’d look to get cheaper at RB. Jacobs with his contract is probably best being traded now while he still has some value. As you say RB is easier to pick up a plug and play type. 

Yea and rbs don’t last long and josh is already banged up I’d try to trade him

Big fan of Isiah Likely(TE) he would be a good addition to the offense. Super athletic TE who really is a match up nightmare. Would make things incredibly difficult for opposing teams defenses with him and Waller both out there with Adams. 

Raiders should also be in position for a pretty good OT in that 3rd round. Faalele,Lucas or Rainmann as well if they want to go the raw talent that needs more work type of player. 

17 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Big fan of Isiah Likely(TE) he would be a good addition to the offense. Super athletic TE who really is a match up nightmare. Would make things incredibly difficult for opposing teams defenses with him and Waller both out there with Adams. 

Raiders should also be in position for a pretty good OT in that 3rd round. Faalele,Lucas or Rainmann as well if they want to go the raw talent that needs more work type of player. 

Faalele: Scares me.  Lack of athleticism could make him Orlando Brown or Denver Kirkland.  Brown is definitely the outlier because most Olinemen that are this slow bust.  I think he may go much later and would probably stay away until the 6th.  One redflag I read about and then noticed was him looking like he is thinking about what he is going to do before he does it instead of just playing.  If you can get him to just play and be nasty he would be a lot closer to Orlando Brown.

Raimann:  He is very new to OT position and may end up as a great OT but once again he is a LT.  Not that he could not make the transition and him having limited time as an OT may help him transition.  I am just tired of seeing this team try to turn LTs into RTs.

Lucas:  Higher floor but might not have the highest ceiling.  He is a RT to play RT but he lacks on key component I really want in my RT.  He is not the best run blocker. 

There will not be a perfect prospect at 86 but if I had to choose I would go with Lucas.

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Yea and rbs don’t last long and josh is already banged up I’d try to trade him

Yep. 

His value is only going to keep diminishing by virtue of his position, injury history, age, and his lack of "feature back" skill set. 

To me, he's in that mold of LeGarrett Blount/CJ Anderson/Justin Forsett/etc RB that can get you 1000 yards in the right circumstances but isn't exactly a franchise back. 

If you can offload him for something, best to do so early. An underwhelming or injury plagued season, his trade stock probably tanks. 

Last year, he got super lucky to to fall into a pretty poor 3.5 ypc range. Regardless of blocking and whatnot, a lot of the year just wasn't good, and his returns were minimal. 

This class has some decent backs. If Jacobs could net a middling 3rd, I'd jump all over it. 

I never liked the pick in the first place though. I thought it was a massive reach to take someone who wasn't a full time starter and had a high of 640 yards as a rotational back, that was 3rd, 4th, and 3rd in pecking order and effectiveness at a school that churns out RBs in the 1st round to begin with. 

14 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He had more yards from scrimmage than Patterson and was 11th amongst RB.

He was 9th amongst RBs in 2020. 

He was 14th as a rookie. 

It's also important to note that he really wasn't much of a factor in the passing game as a rookie and played behind a mediocre offensive line the last two seasons. Over that three year span there have only been 2 rookie RB's to have more yards from scrimmage than Jacobs, lol. 

You're right. The site I was using was factoring in KR yards as well which also put Tony Pollard ahead of him.... even w/o, Pollard was still almost on par.

What I'm getting at in this whole thing is Jacobs has been a hair above mediocre for a position that is fairly easy to upgrade. We should look to do that instead of paying a lot for a person who isn't a star but that's a matter of opinion.

11 hours ago, Dessie said:

Yep. Adams and Carr's contracts will handcuff us. We need to start looking at ways to start saving. If Jacobs was an all-world back, I wouldn't be saying this. He's nothing special and will cost a lot of money for production that can be equaled. If we can get draft capital, that'd be awesome but I don't see the market really being too hot for him.

Since we're talking about RBs, if we were to go there at any point in this draft, some names I wouldn't mind seeing called:

Zamir White (if he falls enough which is a possibility)
Jerome Ford
D'Vonte Price
Rachaad White

I don't think this would be a position we look at this year though. Maybe next.

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

This class has some decent backs. If Jacobs could net a middling 3rd, I'd jump all over it. 

I think we’d be extremely lucky to get anything of value. Teams see the same thing we do. Oft injured RB, expensive 1yr contact with questionable top end speed. Highly replaceable in the draft or free agency.

I’m fairly positive that if a deal were to happen, it’d be one of those that cause some seriously upset fans. Thinking something like a sixth rounder…

I think best thing for our team is to not pick up his option, run the legs off him and hope a team spends money on him in the offseason betting us a comp pick.

And I actually like Jacobs. Picking a RB in the first though is TERRIBLE usage of draft capital. Even though he’s been more productive than other Grudock 1st rounders, I think this is low key one of our worst investments. His production is replaceable by a mid to late RB draft choice.

Edited by 101Raider

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

You're right. The site I was using was factoring in KR yards as well which also put Tony Pollard ahead of him.... even w/o, Pollard was still almost on par.

What I'm getting at in this whole thing is Jacobs has been a hair above mediocre for a position that is fairly easy to upgrade. We should look to do that instead of paying a lot for a person who isn't a star but that's a matter of opinion.

if it's fairly easy to upgrade then why have no rookie RB's out performed Jacobs in better situations?