Mafia Game: Mwils Sendoff! GAME OVER. jason (serial killer) wins!!

Hi everyone, lets all sign up for a mafia game!

Its a game of the informed minority trying to evade, outwit, and kill the uninformed majority.

The theme: Its a meta game as our hero Mwil is going to compete in a multi-forum competition!

Will he succeed in his goals, or make FootballsFuture look stupid?!

Find out if you play!

Edited by Malfatron

alive

1. @Daboyle

2. @MD4L

3. @jasonwbantle

4. @Nazgul

replacements

squire

dead

mwil - town (vanilla) - eliminated d1

gopher - town (vanilla) - hit n1

dome - town(vengeful) - elimmed d2

pickle - town (joat gambit) - killed by dome d2

buff - scum (goon) - killed n2

orca - town (lie detect/jailer) - killed n2

scoundrel - town (with a fakeclaim) - eliminated d3

squire - scum (fake claim giver)

carl jr - traitor -scum aligned (fake claim activator)

Edited by Malfatron

rules and stuff

Day Phase Rules:

1. To vote for somebody, type their name out in bold. Votes must be clearly visible to me and the other players (i.e. no white text or hiding it in a quote). Highest vote count at deadline is eliminated.

2. Day phase will end at 9 PM CST unless otherwise specified. Votes ending 9:00 count, 9:01 doesnt count

3. There are no locked in votes or hammer rules unless i say beforehand. Voting will proceed to the deadline.

4. If there is a tie between players at the end of a deadline, there will be an overtime period of my choosing. In this overtime period, the vote count does not reset, but you are allowed to change votes. If theres a tie, the eliminated player will be randomized

5. You must vote at least once during every day phase. Failure to do this twice in a row will result in your death. 

Night Phase Rules:

1. After night is called, players will have 30 minutes to send in moves if they haven't already, and then they are locked. I encourage you to send "default" night moves during the day phase. SEND NIGHT MOVES IN EARLY, because you can always change them up until the deadline (which is 30 minutes after night is called). 

2. You are allowed to post during the night phase, but do not post any results from that night's actions before the night has ended.

3. Night actions will be based on natural resolution.

General Rules:

1. You may edit recent posts to fix typos, etc. You may not edit out votes. If you abuse this, I will punish you or your team as I see fit.

2. Do not communicate with someone about this game outside of the game thread unless given permission.

3. Upon death you are allowed one post. This post cannot contain anything game related.

4. Name+power claiming is allowed unless otherwise specified but do not copy+paste or type it verbatim. Do not try to game the system (for instance, by typing it verbatim and changing 1 letter)

Edited by Malfatron

Autopsies

Mwil- vanilla town

Spoiler

name: Listmaker

alignment: town

wincon: kill all threats to town

power: none, but you can entertain the thread by posting lists!

gopher- vanilla town

orca - liedetecting/jailkeep - town

Spoiler

you are sided with town.

your wincon is to eliminate all threats to town

you dont have any powers yet!

Spoiler

orca

aligned with town

wincon: eliminate all threats

ability: Lie Detector/Jailkeeper

Each night you may target a player and choose a post made by that player. If that post contains a roleclaim that is untrue, that player will be immune to all killing actions targeting them and any actions they take will be blocked.

buff - scum goon

Spoiler

<redacted>

Also, you know <redacted>

name: Activity Lord

power: None! Being active what you do best though! You dont need a power! 

wincon: if your scumchat makes up half of the living players in the game, you win!

Fake claim: Scum Recruitor

You know the following power is not held by a player:
Recruitment: If you target the Mafia Traitor for any reason, your action will fail and they will be added to the scum chat. They will gain access to the mafia factional kill.

dome - bussing selfhammerer town

Spoiler

you are aligned with town

name: Bussing self hammerer

wincon: all threats to town are dead

abilities:

Bussing only: You may cast a vote for the elimination, but only if that vote would either put someone in the lead for highest VC or extend their vote lead. Any other votes you cast will do nothing, and Malf will ignore any questions regarding your vote not counting. This ability deactivates if you can eliminate wrong and lose

Self Hammer Hammer Time!: If your vote is on yourself and you are eliminated, you will immediately be granted a strongman kill that will resolve before night occurs

pickle - town gambit joat

Spoiler

name: Gambit

wincon: eliminate all threats

Ability:

Fakeclaim Gambits: Once per game you may post "Day Kill: [Player]" in bold in the thread. That player will be immune to night kills the following night.

Once per game you may post I am masons with [Player] in bold in the thread. At the beginning of the following night phase, you, that player, and any player who claims to be a mason with both of you in bold for the remainder of the day phase will get a neighborhood that will last for the next whole day.

Once per game you may post Disgenuous in bold. The player who most recently voted you will receive one extra vote against him for the remainder of the day phase. This will not work if a mislynch would cause the game to end.

You may only use one of these powers on any given day.

scoundrel - town with fakeclaim

Spoiler

wincon: all threats to town are killed

name: I need info, Malf!

powers: None

Fakeclaim:

You know the following power is not held by a player:
Info, Malf!: Once per game you may PM the me with the bolded words "Send the [Phase] PMs." Malf will respond with "I have already sent [Correct Number] PMs for [Phase]!"

*Note: Phase can mean Day or Night and is accompanied by a number. Only mechanically necessary PMs are counted in this number, mod questions or clarifications will not count toward this total

squire - scum - fake claim giver

Spoiler

<redacted>

in addition, you KNOW <redacted>

you win if at any point half of the living players have access to the mafia discord chat

name: Chaos

Power: Fakeclaim giver

Once per night, you must target a player. They will be given a Fakeclaim by me. The first Fakeclaim will be "Innocent(?) Child: Your alignment will be announced by the host in thread."

You will learn the text of the next fakeclaim when each day starts. If you fail to submit a target at night, one will be randomly chosen for you from among the eligible players. You may not attempt to target the the same player as the Mafia factional kill targets.

Carl jr - traitor aligned with scum

Spoiler

You are: Disingenuous

You are aligned with scum, but not a part of the scum chat. you dont know who the scum are. You do know <redacted>

wincon: when the players in the scumchat make up half of the remaining living players.

ability:

Once per night you must target a player. If that player has any fakeclaims, they will become active powers instead. If you fail to submit a target for this ability, a target will be chosen at random.

fake claim

You know the following power is not held by a player:

Name: Put Me in Coach

ability:
 You are a backup Fakeclaim Detective. If a Fakeclaim Detective dies, you will gain the ability: "You may target a player every night. If that player has a mod provided fakeclaim, you will be told. Results come in the form "Your target [DOES/DOES NOT] have a mod provided fakeclaim or fakeclaims."

Edited by Malfatron

28 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

signups:

1. @bigbadbuff

2. @Pickle Rick

3. @The Orca

4. @JoshstraDaymus

5. @Daboyle

6. @MWil23

replacement: Scoundrel

Ive taken the liberty to sign up players that i saw express interest in the mafia discussion thread.

let me know if you can no longer play

and my bad if i missed you. it wasnt intentional

Edited by Malfatron

27 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

The theme: Its a meta game as our hero Mwil is going to compete in a multi-forum competition!

superman flying GIF by Clay Rodery

27 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Will he succeed in his goals, or make FootballsFuture look stupid?!

main-qimg-e69ee92692041946ce087d6b50f9da

I am in :) 

• Like 2