2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

I just think this was handled poorly by Cleveland. The only thing I can think of is that there has been a lot going on behind the scenes with Mayfield, the locker room, it may be a division that goes back to Odell Beckham being around. They don’t believe in Mayfield here. They obviously know more than me on this but clearly things are done with him here. Imo if there was a chance of him staying, our ventures wouldn’t be so public.

They mishandled a lot of crap this year…

Just now, buno67 said:

Stefanski hand picked Keenum? Why not bench baker and play your $7m hand picked back up QB?

Clowney made it sound like Stefanski cause some division in the locker room as well cause the HC is way too concerned about the offense… it’s the draw back of being the OC as well but that is a negative of having a HC being a play caller they alienate the other side

Calling plays cant even be that hard when it is done from a researched perspective either. Like it's mostly sticking to the script anyway AVP has done a good job calling plays here. 

Let AVP increase his role so KS can increase his

Just now, candyman93 said:

Clarify

Referring to you as a emotional cult fan is not a straw man argument.

Okay, I'll let you know from now on every time you're using a straw man. I'll be busy.

You've said nonsensical things that us "Baker lovers' were somehow afraid of Keenum starting cause he'd perform so much better than Baker. Most of us "Baker lovers" don't have any personal attachment to the dude. I just think some are overly harsh on him.

I've said time and time again, I just wanna see how Baker performs next season while healthy. If he's even mediocre at best, I'm 100% ready to move on from him. But somehow I'm part of a "Baker cult" LOL.

• Like 2

Tried to tell yall. Where @Mind Characterat?

Baker wasn't ever gonna be the guy. He was what we needed to build the team up, but he doesn't have the talent or leadership ability to really be the guy.  

The fact hes having a fit before hes even traded just backs that up even more. I thought you were gonna be off social media. Why you feel like you gotta respond. Aint nobody bring you up. Just put yo head down and go to work. Jimmy G didn't say **** when the 49ers made the trade up. 

I'm tired of the dude and that "chip" on his shoulder which is really just insecurity. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Fify 

2017 10th circle of hell

2016 awful, felt like it was slowly turning around

2015 terrible

2014 was fun 

2013 was too

2012 meh

2011 was cool for like 3 or 4 games

2020 eh

2008-2009 dog ****

2007 great

2006 eh

2005 eh

2004 eg

2003 depressing 

2002 awesome 

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

It’s not easy to find a competent starting quarterback. Even if Mayfield is in the 15 to 20 range around the league, you kind of have to have some idea of who your upgrade is. 

It has to be if Depo and co. Think it’s easy to just throw baker away . They better hope they can get a guy through a trade. If they don’t get Watson, another team is going to destroy them in a trade. We thought the Colts handle their QB situation poorly this offseason…

the browns just went …

Watch This GIF by Apple TV

• Like 2

Just now, brownie man said:

Baker wasn't ever gonna be the guy. He was what we needed to build the team up, but he doesn't have the talent or leadership ability to really be the guy.  

I think it’s maybe a development issue. I think he came into the league with decent tools but didn’t really get better in some areas. As far as leadership, I think if he was playing well, like any other quarterback in the league, the locker room would follow. None of his college teammates would have said he wasn’t a good leader. There’s not a cookie cutter version of leadership. People lead in different ways. It’s just perceived based off of how successful people are.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

The fact hes having a fit before hes even traded just backs that up even more. I thought you were gonna be off social media. Why you feel like you gotta respond. Aint nobody bring you up. Just put yo head down and go to work. Jimmy G didn't say **** when the 49ers made the trade up. 

I'm tired of the dude and that "chip" on his shoulder which is really just insecurity. 

And then some.

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Yet you think Kyler Murray is the kind of "leader" we need to bring here. The dude who makes contract demands via social media when he's been a rather mediocre QB. lol

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Are we really calling that a fit? 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bruceb said:

#14?

If there is a high cost then stick with your 18th best quarterback and swing at any of the good options next year. That’s my stance. Give him a chance to play healthy in year 5. That ship has obviously sailed.

Just now, NateDawg said:

I think it’s maybe a development issue. I think he came into the league with decent tools but didn’t really get better in some areas. As far as leadership, I think if he was playing well, like any other quarterback in the league, the locker room would follow. None of his college teammates would have said he wasn’t a good leader. There’s not a cookie cutter version of leadership. People lead in different ways. It’s just perceived based off of how successful people are.

I do think one issue with him though is he is brash, and dammit you better be good if that’s your personality as it can wear on people otherwise.

• Like 3