2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

It’s hard to look at Nick Chubb and guys like him and not root a little bit harder and draw extra off the field conclusions about them being great people.

I mean that is like 40% of the reason why Champ became my fav. athlete.. He is super well spoken, extremely nice, didnt say a word in terms of smack talk and always was the #1 leader in community charity events. Not only was he obviously a great player but he was easy to root for. Similar to Chubb.

That type of stuff makes you like a player just a little bit more than a guy with a questionable past, who acts like he doesnt want to be at a presser, does nothing but talk smack and how great he is on social media, ect.

You just have to guard yourself for if/when your favorite athlete becomes a heel.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think you’re looking at it wrong.  They both agreed to sell their morals for wins, Watson just picked the Browns.

Hmm. I'll think on this. For now I am able to separate the players from the franchise ownership/FO; thus, if something happened like Watson quit on the Browns two years from now and forces a trade, I currently feel okay with coming back to cheer the team again.

Hell the Saints did too and then went and re-signed another dude accused of sexual assault.

Yeah, but let's not compare the two. This sounds like a bit of rationalizing/whataboutism(?). The serial nature of it...yuck.

That said, just reading over the Winston allegations...second one seems like he groped a girl and the first was allegedly a rape allegation, though no charges were brought against him as a college student, which makes me believe it was pretty flimsy. All that said, you supply an interesting conundrum if I were currently an Aints fan.

I get it.  Don’t blame anyone at all who walks away.

Same. I don't blame folks for staying but just can't do it.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

My biggest draft swing and miss of all time..... man I wish we would have drafted Josh Allen.

I vividly remember sitting at the patio bar down the street watching that draft and tweeting (back when I tweeted) "Anybody But Josh Allen" and it got like 4 likes. Which is my record high on social media.

That broke my streak about being right about every single Browns move for 17 years straight.

6PpvUFAco6NGqKGLAv3dFX.gif

I wanted nothing to do with Allen, way too big of a question mark.

I preferred Baker and was happy we drafted him. I still think he will be a good QB. If he lands somewhere that uses him correctly I expect a Jim Kelly type career.

I thought Baker would break my streak of getting everything wrong for 17 years but nope.

Who's gonna replace freaky as mod?

Zel is absent 90% of the time, and let's face it, the rest of us aren't mod material. Webby is gonna have to bring in a non-Browns fan to mod this forum lol.

There's Reggie, but Webby didn't pay him enough to deal with our shenanigans.

Edited by DawgX

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

I wanted nothing to do with Allen, way too big of a question mark.

I preferred Baker and was happy we drafted him. I still think he will be a good QB. If he lands somewhere that uses him correctly I expect a Jim Kelly type career.

I thought Baker would break my streak of getting everything wrong for 17 years but nope.

If Goff isn't in their longer-term plans then I say the most sense is the Lions.

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

Zel is absent 90% of the time, and let's face it, the rest of us aren't mod material. Webby is gonna have to bring in a non-Browns fan to mod this forum lol.

There's Reggie, but Webby didn't pay him to deal with our shenanigans.

Hmmm 🤔...interesting. There just might be some day-1 bans.

*cracks knuckles, takes out dentures*

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Yeah, but let's not compare the two. This sounds like a bit of rationalizing/whataboutism(?). The serial nature of it...yuck.

In this situations I’m all about the whataboutisms, but it’s definitely not rationalizing.  I’m not saying “look how normal this behavior is”, I’m saying every one of these teams should be ridiculed and answering the same questions our FO will be.

7 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

That said, just reading over the Winston allegations...second one seems like he groped a girl and the first was allegedly a rape allegation, though no charges were brought against him as a college student, which makes me believe it was pretty flimsy. All that said, you supply an interesting conundrum if I were currently an Aints fan.

Yeah, not anything close to Watson.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Lol Webby should be happy with anyone who does his job for free. 

That whole beggars and choosers thing.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Maybe if we’re good he’ll forget about us and we don’t get a mod

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Webby needs to just do what every forum does:

Have a report post feature.

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

I hope we don’t have to trade a pick to get Baker out of here. 🤦🏽‍♂️ 

The fact he’s still on the roster worries me. Apparently Carolina doesn’t want him which I totally get. 

I hope Seattle is willing to send a 7th. Just get him off 

What's the hurry? There is no reason to be in panic mode.We don't have to be aggressive sellers, in fact that makes you desperate and hurts value.

We can wait until a team realizes they don't like their starter, like Carolina or Pittsburgh or whoever and they become the aggressor which spikes his value. Or if a starter gets hurt in camp and they need someone to hold down the fort like say Tampa Bay. They would give up a lot if Brady went down and it looked like their season was over.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

What's the hurry? There is no reason to be in panic mode.We don't have to be aggressive sellers, in fact that makes you desperate and hurts value.

We can wait until a team realizes they don't like their starter, like Carolina or Pittsburgh or whoever and they become the aggressor which spikes his value. Or if a starter gets hurt in camp and they need someone to hold down the fort like say Tampa Bay. They would give up a lot if Brady went down and it looked like their season was over.

If we had 18 million we could probably get another couple of free agents. 

If it meant fuller and a dt for a year I think it would be worth selling him off for a 6th to Seattle.

Genuinely surprised at how little value Baker has. I thought he would be worth a 2nd or a 3rd atleast. 

The fact he hasn't gone is surprising. What worked against his trade value imo is the failure of Darnold and Wentz who were in a similar boat to Baker. 

Baker looked legit, only a year ago. Heck even the 1st few games of last year too.

• Like 1