Tim Tebow signs with the Jags - RELEASED

Blackstar12

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

Pretty much, I've heard they are having him spend his time learning receiver at camp.

Its going to be super interesting to see if the Florida/Ohio St. offense works in the NFL. The Jags are must watch.

As much as people hate on him--I can see Tebow being a monster in short yardage and Redzone packages like Taysom Hill is. I dont think he will actually lineup as a TE, I just think thats the postion they will list him at.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

What was the point of drafting Etienne anyways?

James Robinson is a good back with great vision, but he’s not explosive. He had a fantastic year last year, but the team was still 28th in rushing and dead last in explosive play runs. So they wanted someone who can bring explosion to the run game and compliment his steady pace with big play capabilities. 

In addition to that, they want to have a guy they can flex out. There’s been a lot of mentions of Percy Harvin and hoping we can get that type of versatility with him, and also mentions of having someone who can do things like Kamara. Because of that, they spent the first week of camp having him do nothing but line up at receiver, so they can get a gauge of how well he can play the slot role and start to develop him there. They had him doing RB drills yesterday. 

The “third down back” quote was something that got taken out of context after he had already spent three minutes answering questions about the exact role he sees for ETN. In short, they want to use him all over the field in a large number of ways.

Meyer made a name for himself on field with the deceptive and innovative ways he used fast and versatile players in college to do exciting things. His success in the NFL when it comes to on-field stuff is largely going to be predicated on 1. Trevor Lawrence and 2. his ability to adopt those concepts to the NFL game. So I’m totally fine with the pick of ETN, and have been saying since February that I expect ETN was very high on their board for these exact reasons. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Called it in the other thread, literally just a cash grab attempt by the Jags ownership.

Is that not the point of running a business? They’d be foolish to not capitalize on this situation financially, just like any other franchise would be stupid to not make money off of their star player. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Is that not the point of running a business? They’d be foolish to not capitalize on this situation financially, just like any other franchise would be stupid to not make money off of their star player. 

Sure?

Was merely pointing out that the "can Tebow even play TE? is he taking a roster spot from someone else?" etc, etc discussion is pointless given this is just a move to sell jerseys.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

Sure?

Was merely pointing out that the "can Tebow even play TE? is he taking a roster spot from someone else?" etc, etc discussion is pointless given this is just a move to sell jerseys.

Yeah, I'm sure Urban Meyer is signing Tebow strictly to sell jerseys of 34 yr old/TE3 at best Tim Tebow.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Called it in the other thread, literally just a cash grab attempt by the Jags ownership.

Gotta say, given the fact that all online sales profits go into a pool and are divided evenly between the 32 teams, this is a terribly ineffective cash grab. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

Gotta say, given the fact that all online sales profits go into a pool and are divided evenly between the 32 teams, this is a terribly ineffective cash grab. 

Man, wait til Shad and Urban find out about this. 

2 hours ago, pwny said:

As far as I'm aware, that's only the case for partners of the league that sell merchandise, not the case for team stores.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

As far as I'm aware, that's only the case for partners of the league that sell merchandise, not the case for team stores.

Team’s online stores are all ran by Fanatics and count towards that pool. If they sell jerseys at the stadium, they don’t have to split revenue but its not like very many people are showing up to stadiums right now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

The financial gain from the jerseys is minimal. The real financial gain comes from rejuvenated interest in the team. If Tebow sucks and either plays a minimal role or gets cut...but he is part of what gets people interested in this franchise...then he’s worth it. The Jags have been bad for so long and with the looming threat of the city losing the team...I’m 100% for it. The rest of the fans of the league don’t seem to get it. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, pwny said:

James Robinson is a good back with great vision, but he’s not explosive. He had a fantastic year last year, but the team was still 28th in rushing and dead last in explosive play runs. So they wanted someone who can bring explosion to the run game and compliment his steady pace with big play capabilities. 

In addition to that, they want to have a guy they can flex out. There’s been a lot of mentions of Percy Harvin and hoping we can get that type of versatility with him, and also mentions of having someone who can do things like Kamara. Because of that, they spent the first week of camp having him do nothing but line up at receiver, so they can get a gauge of how well he can play the slot role and start to develop him there. They had him doing RB drills yesterday. 

The “third down back” quote was something that got taken out of context after he had already spent three minutes answering questions about the exact role he sees for ETN. In short, they want to use him all over the field in a large number of ways.

Meyer made a name for himself on field with the deceptive and innovative ways he used fast and versatile players in college to do exciting things. His success in the NFL when it comes to on-field stuff is largely going to be predicated on 1. Trevor Lawrence and 2. his ability to adopt those concepts to the NFL game. So I’m totally fine with the pick of ETN, and have been saying since February that I expect ETN was very high on their board for these exact reasons. 

Too long, didn’t read, spent the 25th pick on a strictly 3rd down back LOL Baguars