Tim Tebow signs with the Jags - RELEASED

Blackstar12

The Key here is subtlety and context.

If you are a rage monkey who thinks he is not equal to Kelce, Gronk, or Kittle then have fun in your alternate universe where that matters.

If you think he can't compete with Tyler Davis, Ben Ellefson, Luke Farrell, Chris Manhertz, and James O’Shaughnessy?

You Know Morons GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

The Key here is subtlety and context.

If you are a rage monkey who thinks he is not equal to Kelce, Gronk, or Kittle then have fun in your alternate universe where that matters.

If you think he can't compete with Tyler Davis, Ben Ellefson, Luke Farrell, Chris Manhertz, and James O’Shaughnessy?

You Know Morons GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I wonder what a day in your mind is like

13 minutes ago, incognito_man said:
15 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

He is a superior athlete. He is a better athlete at 33 than many NFL TEs at 25.

He was a 5.0+ ypc runner in the actual NFL. There are maybe 30 of those guys in NFL History.

• Bo Jackson was one of them. Jim Brown is another. Ever heard of Barry Sanders? Randall Cunningham? Michael Vick?
  • That does not mean he is like those guys, just that his actual NFL production as a runner was elite beyond any doubt.

The impotent rage against Tebow is coming from pure 100% ignorance.

If you can bring in a 24 year old basketball player then you can bring in a 33 year old Heisman winner, who ran for 5.0 a pop and won an NFL playoff game.

Anyone who thought he should have done this at age 26 and thinks 33 is old?

• Brady is 43 and top 5 at his position.
  • Andrew Whitworth will be 40 in December.
  • 33 is young. 33 without any NFL collisions on your body in the last 7 years is very young.
  • 33 is old if you are a mediocre talent who needs to be at the full 100% peak of your vitality at age 23-26 just to even have a chance to compete in the NFL
    • Tebow is not that type of disposable player even if it hurts your feelings

Expand  

Lol oh my

Comparing Tim friggin Tebow to bo Jackson 😂

Hey now, they were/are both two sport athletes, and...

(Cut short here for laughter and my unwillingness to troll completely)

Myopic people only look at the hiring as a one way street. (no other NFL team would ever try this!!!)

• The Eagles played an Australian rugby player at OT last year after 2 years of taking up a roster spot learning the position.
    • PFF gave him a 70.3

The other side of this is that Tebow going out of his comfort zone with his former coach, in his own backyard, surrounded by people who think he is a hero is the perfect situation for him to try this. If the Lions asked him to do this 3 years ago, why would he? If he was never willing to do this before then 32 teams were not rejecting him at TE.

Edited by SkippyX

21 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Still a little surprised they didn't ship Gardner Minshew beforehand for a future pick, and then give Tebow #15 as a TE.

The market for Minshew dried up with how the QBs fell in the draft. Gonna have to hold onto him until someone gets injured or has a disaster of an offseason, and hope a team makes an impulse trade.

Maybe that’ll be how we get an actual receiving TE on the roster. Something like Ertz and a pick for Minshew, please. 

Last thread had the anti-Tebow crowd going into a fervor. Early indications are the pro-Tebow crowd will do it this thread.

Please stop hyping up a camp body TE. I can’t do another 30 pages where I slightly shift the angle of my argument that it doesn’t matter to instead combat the idea that he’s going to be great. How will I ever continue to treat Urban as my first born son if I have to talk down the value Tebow adds? Please think of me in this time. Please.